Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senator's father cited for lewd conduct

This is so awesome.

The 81-year-old father of U.S. Sen. Norm Coleman was cited for lewd conduct and indecent exposure Tuesday for allegedly having sex in a vehicle with a 38-year-old woman, according to a police report.

Police responded to a call early Tuesday evening and arrested Norman Bertram Coleman Sr. and the woman, Patrizia Marie Schrag of St. Paul, outside a pizza restaurant on the eastern edge of downtown St. Paul.

Sen. Coleman, R-Minn., issued a statement Wednesday that said:

"I love my father dearly. I do not condone his actions or behavior, and I am deeply disturbed by what I have learned. He clearly has some issues that need to be dealt with, and I will encourage him to seek the necessary help."

Calls to Norm Coleman Sr.'s home in St. Paul were not returned Wednesday.

The elder Coleman was a familiar figure during his son's terms as mayor of St. Paul, and was a campaign fixture four years ago when Coleman won a hard-fought race for the U.S. Senate, defeating former Vice President Walter Mondale after Sen. Paul Wellstone was killed in a plane crash.

Sen. Coleman has often referred to his father, a veteran of the Normandy invasion and the Battle of the Bulge and a former businessman, as one of his personal heroes.
    Way to go old man! Too bad his son denounced him.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Sounds to me like he got the "necessary help".
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Now folks, let's wait and see if it'll stand up in court.

Comment

Now folks, let's wait and see if it'll stand up in court.

Comment

Why does it matter that he's the father of a senator?
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Are you just asking dumb questions for fun?

Coleman is an elected lawmaker, one of the venerable solons of our country and blah blah blah, and his dad gets caught having sex in the parking lot of a pizza place? It's especially ironic given that he's in the party with conservative attitudes towards sex.

Unfortunately, explaining things makes them less funny, so I'll stop here.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

In view of this, I think it'd be more interesting to know who Sen. Coleman's mother is.

Comment

It's especially ironic given that he's in the party with conservative attitudes towards sex.
                  i'm not sure what you are referring to here. it's not exactly ironic, in any event. just impressive.

Comment

He clearly has some issues

Sen. Coleman has often referred to his father, a veteran of the Normandy invasion and the Battle of the Bulge and a former businessman, as one of his personal heroes.

would you vote for this man again?
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yes!!
                      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

These people elected Jesse Ventura. I don't think they'll care.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          He clearly has some issues

would you vote for this man again?
                          Nope, but I´d vote for his father
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                            Coleman is an elected lawmaker, one of the venerable solons of our country and blah blah blah, and his dad gets caught having sex in the parking lot of a pizza place? It's especially ironic given that he's in the party with conservative attitudes towards sex.
                            Bonus points for the word 'solon'.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              Sounds to me like he got the "necessary help".
                              QF

Comment

Working...
                              X