Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grandpa Troll's Auto accident, revisited and remembered BIG TIME!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandpa Troll's Auto accident, revisited and remembered BIG TIME!!

Ok, I am doped on on pain meds again.

I am ranting because of frustrating circumstances my life has has to endure due to actions of another.

I try to not rock the boat here, heck I love you guys and gals in as much as a fellow human being can endure themselves to heroes of which exixt in another realmn.

I was doing so well post accident when a bit over a week ago I started regressing into my extremely painful state of so called existence.

I have had Toradol and Nubain shots, steroid shots, percocet, Oxycodone, Demerol and Phenergran along with Valium. I have tried Methocarbamol.

I get that dopey feeling which isnt acceptable as a way of life, it merely maks but doesnt fix the prolem. ASsk Dr Strangelove or Mrs. Tubeerski, forgive me if I have missed anyone, but they will tell you they only keep you comfortable. They dont remedy the underlying problem.

I went to my Neurosurgeon eysterday, and he tell me I will have a second MRI with Contrast. He tell me if he finds anything, he will operate. Then my hand has been since March when the accident happened, sollen, red, on fire and cant grip much. This was due to my pulling the steering wheel back to me 4 inches. He will operate on that the same time. He will have to cut the ligament about an nch above the underside of my wrist. Then he can free up anything blocking th nerve.

I am looped (or is is Loopey feeling now?).

I am torn inside. I been working everyday since I was 15. I feel less of a man because I cant even pick up anything over 30-40 pounds. All these meds make me have a bit of memory loss.

I read lots of articles when people are in a hurt and most are sympathetic. I dont want gushers of pity,prayer and information yes.

Folks, I love Apolyton. I am facing bug changes in my life.

I am thinking a butt whooping wont do the other guy any good, Not that I am in shape to do that. So I pray for him.

Man, this sux. You go through life feeling invincable then this happens.

I cant explain, but I am sure many men, old enough to come to appreciate life. They probably understand it is tough, not to be able to do so many things

Be well

Gramps
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

I am sorry Grandpa Troll. Dehibilitating accidents are a hard thing to deal with.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

WHAT kind of accidents?

Comment

Not to sound insensitive to how your feeling, but how is your wife, children and grandchildren dealing with it?

I only ask that as someone who went through something very similar to this as a son-in-law. My first wifes father was in a motorcycle accident (not his fault) that left him paralized (mostly) from either vertabre 5-6 or 6-7 down. It can be VERY hard emotionally on them as well.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Re: Grandpa Troll's Auto accident, revisited and remembered BIG TIME!!

Originally posted by Grandpa Troll

I am ranting because of frustrating circumstances my life has has to endure due to actions of another.

[...]

I am torn inside. I been working everyday since I was 15. I feel less of a man because I cant even pick up anything over 30-40 pounds. All these meds make me have a bit of memory loss.

[...]

Man, this sux. You go through life feeling invincable then this happens.

I cant explain, but I am sure many men, old enough to come to appreciate life. They probably understand it is tough, not to be able to do so many things

I understand exactly how you feel GT, despite not having gone through a similar experience. You strike me as being one tough bastard.

But come on now, you got hit by a truck!!! I know you are hurting man, it's tough. You are in a lot of pain. It's frustrating. You want to feel better and pick up where you left off... go back to work, do the things you did before. Work, support your family...

I won't give you pity because your family is there to give you support. Plus, you are a tough bastard who is going to get back on his feet and recover from this bull****.

I know it's tough, but this whole business with getting frustrated... you gotta try to put it behind you. Frustration is a wasted emotion. You are a strong man and you need to focus your strength on recovery. I believe you will recover from your injuries and work towards getting back to where you were before this happened. The frustration you have is proof of how bad you want to get better. You just need to focus that energy into recovery.

My father had a stroke when he was 36. His whole right side was paralyzed. But he didn't quit when most people would have. He worked his ass off, focused on recovery, learned how to walk again, worked on speech therapy (because he had significant speech aphasia), and eventually, he went back to work. I've seen the effect that someone's will has on their ability to recover from a horrible physical disability.

You got hit by a truck man. But if you want it, you will recover. And from what I know about you, how strong you are and how you work to support your family (and how they love and support you), I believe you can work to recover from your injuries. But it's important that you listen to your doctors and the professionals who are there to help you. Know your limitations and don't try to work too hard.

It sucks, but there is nothing you can do to change the past. The only thing you can do is focus your energy on improving your situation.

I am not going to tell you that God is testing you or that God has given you the strength to recover because I am unsure about my own beliefs. You are free to believe what you want.

However, I will say this... I am certain about what strength you do have, despite how you were created or who gave it to you. It is up to you to decide how to use it.

It is not going to be easy. I've had to overcome my own difficulties in life which has given me the confidence to try to help others. I hope that my words can give you some hope. If there's anything I've learned, it's that everyone has the power to work through the challenges in their lives.

And you shouldn't feel like any less of a man GT... YOU GOT HIT BY A ****ING TRUCK!

How many men on this Earth have gotten hit by a truck and lived to tell about it?

What makes a man is not by how strong he is physically, but by how strong his will is... how strong he is mentally. And everything that I know about you tells me that you are one of the manliest men around.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

wow im sorry i had no idea. Good luck to ya

Sava: stop with the homoerotic Gif's. Actually everybody needs to stop. There stupid.

Comment

Picture definitely not erotic to either sex!

GT, woke up once in a hospital, having got blown from a jeep in a lovely little war. At first, it's "Why me? Why now? Why this?"
              Eventually they will wire you together as best they can and you will go on at that level of functionality. My recovery was pretty complete. Here's hoping yours will be too.
              No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
              "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

GT, hope it gets better... I know you're one toughy guy, and I'm sure you will figure out how to go through it ... just stick with your HORDE and use your support network, that's the most important thing. Don't try to handle it all yourself. You've got your great family and your friends (here and in RL) to help you get through it, and that's important ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Good luck Gramps -- I hope things don't stay too bad for too long.
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory

Sava: stop with the homoerotic Gif's. Actually everybody needs to stop. There stupid.

I posted this for the ladies. If that turns you on, maybe you have some issues you need to work out. But don't blame me for your own sexual identity problems.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

GT, don't get frustrated over something that is beyond your control - it doesn't help, just makes things worse. It's like a visit to a dentist - no matter how high you yell, the pain first dissapears when she has finished the drilling

Can't pray for you since it doesn't make sense to me to do such, but I hope that you have competent docs that can cure you and that they work as fast as they can.
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I thank you all for feedback

It will be ok, just difficult at times to deal with

Pain, Pride and predicament

Again, thanks for feedback one and all
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Well we know you must be hurting if you're not posting one of those horrible pictures at the end of your posts!

We haven't talked much but from your posts you sound like one of the good guys. Take care Grandpa!
                          What?

Comment

Take care Gramps, we're all on your side!

duke o' york has attached this image:

Comment

Originally posted by Sava

I posted this for the ladies. If that turns you on, maybe you have some issues you need to work out. But don't blame me for your own sexual identity problems.
                              Why is everyone always trying to pick a fight with me?

Umm this isnt myspace, this is a BB. Gifs kill the browsers of those of us who are unfortunate enough to still use dialup

Comment

Working...
                              X