Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How happy is your country?

Denmark ranks first in international happiness survey

Here is an interactive map from the author of the study with some explanation of the methodology and a table with all results.

Denmark is happiest place in the world, report says
    Researcher produces first 'world map' of happiness

Thursday, July 27, 2006; Posted: 8:27 p.m. EDT (00:27 GMT)

Researcher: "Smaller countries tend to be a little happier because there is a stronger sense of collectivism."

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- If you're looking for happiness, move to Denmark.

It's the happiest country in the world while Burundi in Africa is the most unhappy, according to a new report by a British scientist released on Friday.

Adrian White, an analytical social psychologist at the University of Leicester in central England, based his study on data from 178 countries and 100 global studies from the likes of the United Nations and the World Health Organization.

"We're looking much more at whether you are satisfied with your life in general," White told Reuters. "Whether you are satisfied with your situation and environment."
    What?

And reports such as this one just serve to make us even happier! How can we ever lose?

Comment

Originally posted by Winston

And reports such as this one just serve to make us even happier! How can we ever lose?
      Fight Prussia and Austria. Or Sweden.

A typically ecstatic Dane:
      Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

We are not happy at all - we actually are only the 99 happiest country easily beaten by palestine (45) and lebanon (83), and top happiest country is vanuatu.

Together we can change the rules to protect the planet, share the wealth and give everyone a say in how the economy is run.

page 57 for the full list.
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Woot... we're 23rd! We're 23rd!
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Ach, she's just momentarily pining for the fiords.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
              Ach, she's just momentarily pining for the fiords.
              She was left out of Babette's Feast and is now experiencing Hamsun's Hunger. She needs a marzipan frog to cheer her up.

Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

But Hamsun was Norwegian. And a very unhappy one at that.

Marzipan frogs definitely make people happy. You may be on to something there.

Hammershøi, is it? I noticed in the art thread you seemed very fond of his art.

Comment

We're sixth, but Sweden is seventh, so expect us to move up to fifth!
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I can see why Denmark is first. De danske er jo so ligeglad.
                    Ef þú getur lesið þetta þá kanntu kannski íslensku. Það getur verið að þú sért að vera sniðugur eins og viss herramaður sem ég nafngreini ekki. Eða að þú sért Færeyingur eða Nojari.

Comment

Working...
                    X