Running out of oil?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running out of oil?

Profits at Exxon Mobil surged 36 percent to a near record $10.4 billion in the second quarter as surging oil prices helped the world's largest publicly traded company soundly beat Wall Street forecasts.

Yes I'm back, momentarily. I don't have time to stay. But I am looking for you posters intelligent comments here. Seriously. .

Perhaps I'm being pessimistic. But this article concerns me.

Then there's the geological fact that new, large, high-quality oil fields are simply getting harder to find.
    Yes I know we can find plenty of low quality oil. I believe some canadians have mentioned something about shale up in Canada. But with China and India quickly catching up to the U.S. in oil usage, I think we are all doomed.

We won't run out of oil, but we could be paying $50 for a gallon of gasoline. I simply cannot see how society (as large as ours) can function.

In response to another thread, yes, the end of the world is near.

who are you?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Don't know him, but it's nice that he make a thread about a subject never discussed before.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
        who are you?
        I was wondering about that myself. First impulse was to do the DL dance but then I noticed his registration date
        Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
        And notifying the next of kin
        Once again...

Comment

Huh, I wonder how a DL managed to get the PolyPLUS thing in his profile.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
            Huh, I wonder how a DL managed to get the PolyPLUS thing in his profile.
            even DL's have money they can pay for poly plus (not that I paid for it ). And technically I am a DL. It's just my original login that has been terminated.

Comment

Maybe it's one of the admins that have made a fake profile.
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dis

even DL's have money they can pay for poly plus (not that I paid for it ). And technically I am a DL. It's just my original login that has been terminated.
                Ah!
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

If this article is accurate, we're nowhere near peak oil. I've read several places that Vensula has HUGE supplies, but they cost $30/barrel to extract. Oil is about $75/barrel.

Comment

doesn't matter ethanol is the way of the future
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Nope, Hydrogen fuels cells is.

As for oil.
                      Why are you surprised? The club of rome pronounced already during the 80s that the oil supplies are dwindling.
                      You should be glad that they made a mistake in not taking into account the discovery of new oil fields, so that contrary to their prognoses the world at the moment still has enough oil.
                      But they won´t last forever, so do the only sensible thing by investing into research of alternative fuels, like the hydrogen fuel cells (or the ethanol mentioned above) instead of (in case of america) invade othrer countries with oil fields just to keep the oil flowing (and let the families whose wealth depends on oil grow richer)
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Hello there! I see you are discussing Oil reserves. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

If the liberals had their Godless way, they would fuel their bicycles with human-animal hybrids, embryonic stem cells, and the hopes and dreams of their aborted fetuses. This was the centerpiece of the Daschle Senate. Ann Coulter has been the dominate Alpha-MILF of the truth.
                        RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

Originally posted by RoboCon
                          Hello there! I see you are discussing Oil reserves. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

If the liberals had their Godless way, they would fuel their bicycles with human-animal hybrids, embryonic stem cells, and the hopes and dreams of their aborted fetuses. This was the centerpiece of the Daschle Senate. Ann Coulter has been the dominate Alpha-MILF of the truth.
                          Amazing... it learns!
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by RoboCon

Is t you Che ? having a merry time simulating a loony rightwing religious nutcase ? This one is a priceless gem of trolling - AC as a MILF

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Well, it is version 1.1 now.

As oil prices increase, alternative forms of energy become comparatively cheaper. When OPEC first formed, they made a killing with oil prices but they also made alternatives economically feasible. Things like insulation in the home made sense and reduced people's consumption of oil.

With the price of oil increasing again, people adapt. The demand for smaller, fuel-efficient cars is higher and demand for bigger, powerful (fuel-guzzling) cars is much lower.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X