big decisions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big decisions

I've made some decisions. I think I'm not happy with my life. You know... I'm not unhappy.. it's just that I could be happier. Performance has been pretty good, I think I've proven some points (that I'm a super human) and I'm not at all worried where my direction is going in that regard. I think I can actually choose what I want to do soon, and be paid for it.

Now, it's the other part that has been unsatisfying. For me, this should be relatively easy because I KNOW what I want, unlike most people. I know what makes me happy.. so you know, I'm already feeling pretty good since just now I made few decisions regarding my own life. My first decision was that I'm the master of my life so I can make further decisions and follow them up.

I've been doing a lot of thinking in the last few days, and I got lots of energy from that. I actually found my inner voice, and I'm comfortable with myself. I think I learned some more about myself and it's always of high value, so I'm a lot richer now. So my second decision is to go with my other ambitions, that is not career oriented. The career is coming just fine so why worry about that...

So my second decision is to party more. Yes. I've partied only ONCE this summer. What's up with that? I already bought tickets to this kick ass party that happens in the next weekened (not this weekend).. it'll be awesome. Tickets cost me a small fortune but hey, so what.. Third decision is to stop worry about the money. I don't have savings because everything goes to necessary stuff right when I get money so,, why worry about it? I'll start worrying about it when I have it.

I feel great about this next year (academic years ).. I have like few courses only, and then I start my thesis work. But I start me thesis work NEXT year, not this starting year so.. I have this whole year just to relax, read, do my few courses, enjoy myself. Lots of time and lots of things to do so there's no time wasted.

I might actually do my travelling thing I wanted to do this summer.. I can do it during these semesters... I did so much work last year that I simply don't have courses to attend this year, only few. I'm in a position where I can start concentrating on my actual thesis, and I'm excited about it and interested about it, motivated etc, so I don't even consider having to go to school. I'm doing what I enjoy soon in the academic world as well.

My fourth decision is to find a woman and not screw around anymore. This decision is firm and I feel good about it. I'm ready for some commitment. I've never ever been ready for it, now I am and I'm not afraid of it. I'm looking forward. No weddings, no babies.. but I could consider living together with someone if everything goes well.

SO yeah.. big decisions made. And I feel great about them all. And I know I will be able to execute every single one of them so I'm starting to feel happier every moment.

And the BIG decision was to put my career on hold for this year... well at least for 6 months. I'm already working for this project, won't pay me but peanuts, but still I'm not totally standing with ntohing to do.. it's up to me how much I want to put effort into it, so far I want to contribute and make some money out of that one as well.. but.. that aside, I've decided to have lots of fun, meet someone special, and do stuff for myself that I like doing for this year. And how blessed am I? How many people are in a position where they can do this? Damn! I mean, handful of people can just 'well I'm going to .. pick up a new hobby this year'. You know... live completely stress free and enjoy, very few duties... ... yeahh... this will be a great year. Maybe the greatest so far.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

how old are you?

what do you put in your hair? gel? do you go to a stylist? I'm trying to get a mental picture of you. black of white? etc

Comment

It sounds like your granddad has recovered.
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

good

I have made similar decisions in the past. I give 'em mantras.

First Decision: no regrets
        Second Decision: carpe diem, no time like the present
        Third Decision: it's not "I can't afford", it's "how can I afford"
        Fourth Decision: one defines their life by seeing their reflection in those around them
        Monkey!!!

Comment

BC, unfortunately not. But I've put it in the back of my head for a while, since it's kind of.. well you know. It's pretty much a done deal I believe so.. I'm working on what it means and you know, I'm starting to get used to the idea that life is what it is, a natural thing. It'll hit hard when it happens soon but.. it hits when it hits. And maybe a miracle happens and he recovers.. I hope so. But this was the thing that made me do my thinking that lead to my decisions, so something good already came out of this sad thing.

Wiglaf, Just turned 26, I don't put anything in my hair. My hair is short. I don't go to a stylist, because my hair is short. I used to do lots of MMA so I basically had short hair from that and it's kind of a thing with me. I'm white.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Yeah, I know - lost five relatives in three months a year ago. Life actually goes on, despite.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

5 in 3? Man.. that's one of them things where it just gets out of control for a short while.. waves and stuff.
              In da butt.

Comment

Japher, your 4th point is dead on target. Good job.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Seems like I'm still too young, I was 'wow the first 3 are pretty good' and the fourth one was pretty OK but clearly the one that I thought will be more important when you start to have family etc.. aka not for me right now!
                  In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                    good

I have made similar decisions in the past. I give 'em mantras.

First Decision: no regrets
                    Second Decision: carpe diem, no time like the present
                    Third Decision: it's not "I can't afford", it's "how can I afford"
                    Fourth Decision: one defines their life by seeing their reflection in those around them
                    I am very different then you..

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

You are older than me Pekka? Wow, I thought you were 20 tops..

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Why? Is it because I'm so coo? I am cool. Period.
                        In da butt.

Comment

My mantra's:

Engage in no coercion. This includes physical, mental, meterial, emotional, etc.

Make a difference in the world, be part of things devloping. Matter.

Be nice, help people out and leave people who engage you in a better position than they were before.

I am not all that great at following these.

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Change the world? Nah... I don't care about that. I rather change myself into better version and what happens happens..
                            In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                              Why? Is it because I'm so coo? I am cool. Period.
                              No, because you seem to have so little experience.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Working...
                              X