• Show
Clear All

In the Smithsonian after it hit Earth?

I like the DanQ quote in your sig.

Comment

Thanks for the rich science talk, Kalius. We speak the same language

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
        We've had several well-visible comets (Hyakutake, Hale Bopp), the first cool colour pics from Mars (Pathfinder mission), another Space Shuttle accident, the institution of the ISS, a full solar eclipse visible in large parts of western Europe... need I go on?
        And don´t forget Shoemaker-Levy 9 which spectacularly collided with Jupiter
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

So we're in good times in terms of astronomy and spaceflight. International politics, too. Much to study.

Comment

i'd rather be without it...

Comment

No. This is the worst of the worst times to live. We are in a time when all the frontiers that are reachable have been, and all the ones that aren't won't be anytime soon. We are a stagnating cesspool of a species stuck in a rut without the smarts to even know this is the ****.

Other than that, yeah, it's a pretty exciting time.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

There was a supernova burst in 11th century that was documented by a Chinese guy. According to his account the star shone for a whole month before dissapearing. It was visible in daytime too.
                Witnesing a supernova burst would be super cool if doesn't kill us of course.
                Quendelie axan!

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Og
                  There was a supernova burst in 11th century that was documented by a Chinese guy. According to his account the star shone for a whole month before dissapearing. It was visible in daytime too.
                  You can still see the remnants with a telescope. It's called the Crab Nebula.

Comment

Yeah that's the one.
                    Quendelie axan!

Comment

Sir Og, any news about you and that meeting?

Comment

I thought this was going to be about Star Jones
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                          dim white dwarves which aren't easy to see and therefore not studied.
                          I knew the management had to somehow be involved in this.

Comment

Isn't it possible it has already happened, considering the distance the light has to travel?
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

It's less than two thousand lightyears away, and this is supposed to happen... some time within the next hundred thousand years. So it probably hasn't happened yet. But it's all relative anyways.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

It could of happened already, but it may be sometime before we can observe it.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X