Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polydads/moms, Help! My daughter won't go to sleep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have music playing instead of white noise. She loves music.

I'd try turkey, but she has two teeth. I do have turkey baby food, but like I had said, she wouldn't eat.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I bet she's teething
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Yeah, that what we think, thus the baby tylnol. We'll use some oragel tonight if it happens again. That sould provide a quicker relief.
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          put a pillow over her face till she stops moving
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
            i say things like that in front of parents and get dirty looks.

why do a lot of parents lose their dark sense of humor relating to children once they have a child?
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

If you are going to use alcohol I'd go with pepperming schnopz.. gets them hooked quicker than brandy
              Monkey!!!

Comment

As always, free advice is worth what you pay for it, but here's my two cents:

1) The timing and behavior sounds like teething is a likely suspect. Check into some type of oral gel for that.

2) Lots of folks say not to rock or drive around. Maybe it does set a bad precedent, but it's what worked for my daughter. We never drove around much, but that was mainly because driving was more hassle than rocking, but no more effective. We rocked every night when she was that age.

3) Structure, structure, structure -- I found that getting my daughter to sleep through the night was aided immensely by doing things the same way every night. That's not to say that she was in bed at precisely 9:03 p.m. all the time, but we got her up, fed her, put her down for naps and put her to bed within about a half hour of a set time every day. We got the info from a book called, IIRC, "Babywise." (author unknown). At bedtime, we did basically the same things every night: diaper change, pajamas, soft music, rocking. My feeling is that the bedtime routine gave her all of the "cues" that it was time to go to sleep.

4) Does she use a night light? We tried using one with my daughter, but she never, ever slept properly with a night light on. We took it out when she was about a month or two old, and she never used one again.

Comment

so?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

I posted last night that everything was fine... Not sure why its not here...

Comment

Ming probably erased it...

what do you think was the problem?
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Teething. Her uppers must be coming in. Boy those I teeth are going to be LOTS of fun...

Comment

Josie is 11 months and she has 4 up top, 2 on the bottom and has the back ones coming in. We can't see them, and won't stick our fingers back there to check.

The Oragel that is in the q-tips has been a life saver for us.
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

As always, free advice is worth what you pay for it, but here's my two cents:
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              The Oragel that is in the q-tips has been a life saver for us.
                              That's what we used & it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

don't let them eat until they fall asleep
                                Sleepeating ?
                                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X