Problem with a Lynksis Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    Man, everyone's complaining about Lynksys lately.
    Not me .

I got myself a router from them and I'm loving it just fine.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Me too. Whenever I have problems with my router, it stems from my modem. Thats why I reset both when I have an issue.
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Wired or wireless?
        Wireless.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I've heard decent thinks about Linksys and some of the higher end D-Link stuff (but only if you connect it using D-Link products). Netgear's rep is pretty bad at this point. I've heard Belkin isn't that bad.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

im not sure what happened. The router has worked fine for the 6 months we have had it. its fine now i just had reset some values on the router. i didnt know lynksys had 24 /7 tech support. if ii had to id buy another one of thier products they are good form what i have used
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

1. Restart the switch/router (turn off the power, wait 10 seconds, turn on the power, and wait for the thing to settle down)
              2. Restart the cable modem (same as above)
              3. If you did not actually reset (as opposed to restart) the swtich/router you should be able to go to the Web based config. The address is probably 192.168.0.1, but check the manual.
              4. Check the settings, including your account name and password.
              5. Try connecting to the 'Net
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Day late and a dollar short UR.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

did you forbid mrs. t from looking at it yet?
                  "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                  'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Only about 50 minutes
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

No, about 8 hours, almost exactly 8 hours in fact, that was the correct answer however.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I have a Lynksys router that has never worked. It just reboots itself over and over. We never figured it out.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

for those that have the lynksys router they told me to type this number in 192.168.1.1
                          after that look at the headings and hit clone mac settings after i save changes reset the pc the modem and router
                          wait 30 seconds plug in modem, 1 minute then plug in router then the pc
                          it worked so i cant complain, course i dont know what a mac setting is either
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

indeed, linksys is .1.1, not .0.1 for some reason.
                            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Can anyone recommend me a good, cheap wired router? My only requirement is that it needs to have more than 2 ports (and is cheap).
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

i reccommed the one i have its fast and holds four ports. Probelm that occured with mine was it was set up on an xp pc system, and when the laptop that runs xp went down it freaked(the router) and dint know how to work with desk top that runs ME It cost me 69 bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X