Problem with a Lynksis Router

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with a Lynksis Router

The router worked yesterday for my wife. She has reset the router, changed cords, it still doesn't work. She can plug into the cable modem directly and it works. She has replaced the oruter with the same model number and it still does not work.

She is, unfortunately running Windows ME. BUT, the XBox that was connected to the router doesn't find it either.

Any help?

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

What model?

Wired? Wireless?

DL any new firmware or something else?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

It's a WRT54G wired/wireless router. No firmware was downloaded and as far as she tells me, nothing else has been downloaded either.

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        DL
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Light still working on the router when the wire from the cable modem plugged in? Or is it all dark?

Does it work in wired mode if it doesn't in wireless?
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

ACK!

Comment

Light still working on the router when the wire from the cable modem plugged in? Or is it all dark?
              She says it flashes occasionally.

It doesn't work wired or wireless. The computer is wired, the x-box is wireless.

She can plug the computer into the cabel modem and it works fine.

ACK!

Comment

I've had this problem with my Linksys wireless router also. However, mine seems to be fixed when I reset it (well, when I reset both my cable modem and the router...)
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

There should be one light dedicated to an internet connection, that should always be on, IIRC. Check to see if it is when it is plugged into the cable modem.

Did you do a hard reboot? IE, unplug it from the wall and wait 10 seconds before loading it up again?

If it still doesn't work, I think it may be time to call up Linksys.

Comment

There should be one light dedicated to an internet connection, that should always be on, IIRC. Check to see if it is when it is plugged into the cable modem.

Did you do a hard reboot? IE, unplug it from the wall and wait 10 seconds before loading it up again?

If it still doesn't work, I think it may be time to call up Linksys.
                    She says she did, and she even went and bought a NEW router, still doesn't work.

ACK!

Comment

Yikes... you don't buy a new router before you figure out what's wrong with your old one...

Though that's a wierd sign. I wonder if it is something with the setup on the computer. Did you re set it up?

Comment

Yikes... you don't buy a new router before you figure out what's wrong with your old one...

Though that's a wierd sign. I wonder if it is something with the setup on the computer. Did you re set it up?
                        Nope, nothing. The only wierd thing that happened is that her laptop battery died while online. She's waiting on a new charger so she can't use it.

I told her to try resetting the cable modem as Donegeal suggests, we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Clerks 2 was great!

ACK!

Comment

Well, she has turned off the modem and nothing different.

ACK!

Comment

Well has she turned it back on?

Comment

Though, all this may seem like something to call Linksys about... I have a feeling it may be a setting on your computer since TWO routers aren't working.

Or try to reinstall the drivers for the router and then if it doesn't work, call Linksys.

Comment

Working...
                              X