Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How USA/ Britain Should Do Iraq. Israel warns Lebanese to flee

By Alistair Lyon, Special Correspondent

BEIRUT (Reuters) - Israel warned Lebanese civilians to leave border villages on Friday and called up thousands of reserves in a possible prelude to a ground offensive that would expand its 10-day-old campaign against Hizbollah guerrillas.

Israel has so far failed to stop Hizbollah cross-border rocket attacks, despite relentless bombardment which has killed 343 people and destroyed much of Lebanon's infrastructure.

Three explosions were heard in the northern Israeli city of Haifa, a favored target for Hizbollah rocket crews, on Friday, but there were no immediate reports of casualties.

Israeli planes dropped leaflets over south Lebanon, warning civilians to leave border villages for their own safety.

The army called up several reserve battalions, which can each comprise up to 1,000 soldiers, a military source said.

"It's possible that in the coming days our ground operations will increase," Brigadier-General Alon Friedman said earlier.

Elite Israeli troops have been launching small-scale raids in Lebanon to try to stop Hizbollah rocket attacks on Israel.

But Israel has been wary of launching a full-scale invasion in south Lebanon, only six years after it ended a 22-year occupation that was resisted by Hizbollah guerrilla attacks.
    Get out, or get hit.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

If they don't get to return, it's ethnic cleansing. If they do, this is pointless.

I miss Sharon.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Get to return when the objective is attained.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

This thread made in Texas
        What?

Comment

Hello there! I see you are discussing Israeli offensive. Perhaps I can be of assistance.

The founding fathers did not sacrifice their beliefs that Israel would have the right to roll over and die. This is the foundation of the 2nd amendment, although Ben Kenobi might take exception. Islam is the greatest threat facing the world since Bush v Gore. They are called "electors" for a reason, people.
          RoboCon v2.1.1

Comment

Ok, who made this DL? Fess up now...

Or is OTBOT branching out?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I like you.

edit: Not you Imran: the other guy...
              What?

Comment

Robocon; look like Asher to me!
                bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Richelieu
                  This thread made in Texas
                  What's the down-side? They're saying, cover your ass by geting out of the area.
                  Beats the snot out of A) Killing civilians or B) Not killing civilians, who really aren't civilians.

Texas, where things are logical.

Comment

Exactly how are they supposed to leave, its not like everybody has an automobile.... or public transet, or can walk far and stay alive in the DESERT....

Besides Slow, how would you feel if some foreign nation came in to Texas and told you to leave or be killed, wouldn't you want to protect your property you've worked for your whole life......?
                    "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                      Exactly how are they supposed to leave, its not like everybody has an automobile.... or public transet, or can walk far and stay alive in the DESERT....

Besides Slow, how would you feel if some foreign nation came in to Texas and told you to leave or be killed, wouldn't you want to protect your property you've worked for your whole life......?
                      Like last summer?
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Why tell them to leave? That means there won't be as much collateral damage, and we all know you get bonus points for doing as much extra damage as possible!
                        B♭3

Comment

Q, that's only when you're driving in a car. Think of this as that game where you're playing cop and have to shoot the bad guys and not the grandmas...
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

FROM ISRAEEEEEEEEL TO LEBANNON!!! (set to jam pony express's from the window to the wall)
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                              X