Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mallrats is the best one
    Clerks is a bit raw, but also good.

Dogma is too pretentious, and Chasing Amy is not too bad except the main female character has a face like she is crying and grinning at the same time and that was somewhat annoying.

Comment

Mallrats was the worst one.

We're not mentioning that abortive Bennifer one. That's not a movie, that's an embarassment.
      B♭3

Comment

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back was worse than Mallrats, but Mallrats was the second worst of his movies. Both had funny moments, but were well below Clerks, Amy & Dogma in quality.

Comment

Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back and Jersey Girl are obviously his two best films. Anyone who disagrees is a moron.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Dogma
            Salma
            What?

Comment

Salma dancing in her underwear

Comment

Ain't seen Mallrats or Jay and Silent Bob.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Chasing Amy Sucked, it was even worse than Jersey Girl
                  Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

I was beginning to think I was losing my touch.
                    Well... He has been off his game lately...
                    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      better quotes
                      37???!!!!

Best quote ever.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Dogma

Any movie with Alanis Morrisette as God gets my vote
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I still can't figure out whatever everyone saw in Clerks. Maybe it was just so hyped that I was doomed to be disappointed. Saw Mallrats next and figured it was proof this guy was way overrated.

Then I saw Dogma.

Haven't seen the others. I will probably see this one when it gets to cable.

Regarding the article, it struck me a lot like his movies:
                          Point made, dude, but how many times must you repeat it?
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

It's on our office calender.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

meh, kevin smith makes vaguely amusing movies, nothing thats ever left me thinking, "comic genius"

on the other hadn the fans are what really makes me wonder. its like if you dont like kevin smith movies or think they are the height of comedy youre a nazi or worse.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Re: Re: Kevin Smith vs. Joel Siegel

Originally posted by Guynemer

Dude. That's his best movie.
                                Yes, Chasing Amy is the best one. I'm not a huge fan or anything, but I've seen most of his stuff.
                                He's got the Midas touch.
                                But he touched it too much!
                                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                                X