what is morally worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is morally worse?

I was talking to my housemate about slapping women after another housemate acted like a total ****. he said you can never slap a woman to which i responded "but you can always sick your dog on her" we then discussed the various merits of each.

i wonder what poly thought

man vs woman
    or dog proxy vs woman

which is morally worse?
    Man hitting woman
    3.33%
    Man sicking dog on woman
    40.00%
    both are equally bad
    40.00%
    banabuse
    16.67%
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Sicking your dog on her. You're damaging the dog (and probably getting it put down ultimately) in addition to probably doing significantly more damage to her.

If you're asking in the abstract sense what's worse, doing damage to someone or having a third party do damage to someone, I suppose it's still third party... because it takes more effort and premeditation to do, showing a more significant moral lacking, than doing it yourself. Oh, and it's more cowardly.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

but you can always sick your dog on her"

Is that a slang term or something.
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

sick means command your dog to attack
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Silly question. Using proxies is always morally worse.

Hitting your wife in the west

Hitting your wife in Russia

Comment

Wait... are you talking hitting ON a woman?

Comment

German nazis.

Dogs.

Indian food.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I only abuse my women by sicking bananas on them.
                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

s/on/in
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                    On or in?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                      Did you mean in them?

Comment

Did he mean that sexually?
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Both are equally bad.

Walk away. It isn't worth it.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                            sick means command your dog to attack
                            sic, not sick

It's worse to hit a woman. If I'd commanded my dog Susie to attack a woman then she would have probably eaten the woman's shoes. Then again, Susie would have probably eaten the woman's shoes even if I didn't command her to attack the woman.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Oooh. I thought it meant have the dog barf on her. That's definitely bad.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                              X