Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India starts censoring the Internet . . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dalitstan

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Categories: Caste | Dalit

The Dalitstan Organization is an anti-Brahmin organisation that advocates hatred against brahmins under the pretension of supporting Dalits. It was banned and its founders were arrested for inciting communal hatred and racism.

In its own words it is a "Human Rights Organization working for the upliftment of Dalits, the "Black Untouchables of India". According to the organization "these form one of the most oppressed ethnic groups in the World, enduring the 2000-year Sudra Holocaust".

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Aneesh, to understand those bannings, what we need is an introduction into the origins of... wait!

Comment

I tried to look at it but it wouldn't pull up so I peeked at the google Cached page.

I'll be pissed off if Hindu commando's break down my door because I looked at it
        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber
          I tried to look at it but it wouldn't pull up so I peeked at the google Cached page.

I'll be pissed off if Hindu commando's break down my door because I looked at it
          I could only check out the home page of the Dalitstan site using the google cache - the links all pointed to the main site . And even though I am a Brahmin ( which means that one of the banned sites was banned for targeting me ) , I still say that nutjobs like the hinduunity.org and dalitstan.org guys should have the right to free speech ( and then we should have the right to pound their arguments into the dust and crush them underfoot , and then spit on them ) .

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
            I am a Brahmin
            It makes sense.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

In its own words it is a "Human Rights Organization working for the upliftment of Dalits, the "Black Untouchables of India". According to the organization "these form one of the most oppressed ethnic groups in the World, enduring the 2000-year Sudra Holocaust".
              A 2000 year holocaust, and there's still any left? That's inefficiency for you.
              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor

It makes sense.
                What makes sense ?

Comment

What makes sense ?
                  It's easier to be a hindu nationalist when one's a brahmin
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

It's easier to be a hindu nationalist when one's a brahmin
                    You make statements like this , and call me prejudiced ?

I've never made comments which have criticised any group of people , only which have criticised certain policies or doctrines of certain groups , or actions committed by certain elements in certain groups ( all of which I rigidly define ) .

But you can retain your "liberal" credentials while you make outrageous statements or generalisation about an entire group of people . You and your kind disgust me .
                    Last edited by aneeshm; July 19, 2006, 07:38.

Comment

But you can retain your "liberal" credentials while make outrageous statements or generalisation about an entire group of people .
                      This is a distinguishing feature of the "progressive" left...
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

You and your kind disgust me .

What's my kind? Liberals?

Comment

Leave the net alone!
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

You and your kind disgust me .

What's my kind? Liberals?
                            Hypocrites .

Comment

Hypocrites .
                              Well then, let me explain my position.

Historically, the Brahmins have been at the top of the Hindu food chain. While individual Brahmins weren't necessarily bastards (you can find good and bad guys in any group), they were at the centre of an oppressive system, that put down a humongous part of the population.

Things have only started to change when modern India was founded, and decided to marke the caste system irrelevant.

Even though you might not intend it personally, a Hindu nationalist stance might have as consequence the revival of the worst aspects of hinduism. Just like the current Muslim nationalism (that is so strong in too many places around the world) has made the worst aspects of Islam mainstream again.

I don't accuse you of wanting to oppress people because of their caste. However, you also don't seem to consider the caste system (or more accurately, its remaining into irrelevance) as an absolute priority. At least, I've never seen you post about it.
                              If you were a dalit, or even a shudra, I hthink that would be a nagging concern in your head, and it would likely make you much more cautious about all that.

Comment

This is just like saying that it's easier for a French noble to be a royalist, or that it's easier for an owner of capital to be pro-capitalism.

Comment

Working...
                                X