What Europeans Really Think About Each Other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Europeans Really Think About Each Other

Doing some clicking around relating to The War Nerd (http://exile.ru/168/168052003.html - the guy is really good, check out his columns if you haven't already), I ran into this:

Got me laughing!

Comments?

Isn't those Albanians a little singleminded ?
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Funny.

Comment

Does something like that exist for the Middle East?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
          Isn't those Albanians a little singleminded ?
          Well, that and a few other things make it obvious it's an editorial prank, though polls with such themes do get done every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion

Well, that and a few other things make it obvious it's an editorial prank, though polls with such themes do get done every now and then.
            That, I think I figured out when I saw the White Gods in the scandinavian table.

Besides that, it's a little unprecise - Finns are supposed to be drunken knifestabbers spending all their time in saunas
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
              Finns are supposed to be drunken knifestabbers spending all their time in saunas
              And don't forget the acne.

Comment

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

copy cat thread! I saw this here on poly 3 years ago
                  CSPA

Comment

moldova
                    CSPA

Comment

Someone should do a "What the North Americans think of each other". In fact our resident Yankies, Confederates and Canucks could do a summary ...

Comment

"Macedonia: Not really Macedonian"
                        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

"White Gods" give a clue the origin might be Lithuanian.

Also don't the Poles think most Ukranians are really lost Poles? Just an impression I picked up somewhere.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

That is true. But Byelorussians are even more so. Possibly Lithuanians and Slovakians.

Polish stereothypes:
                            @Germans - bloodthirsty, evil, hate Poles, cunning, never keeping word, but clean, orderly, hard-working etc. Expressions: "Szwaby", "Niemry" (about women) - negative, of course
                            @Czechs - in general much loved, God knows why. Called "brothers". They are known for beer. Expression: "Pepiczki" - hard to explain. It's a bit negative, belittling, but in general positive
                            @Slovakians - overlooked. Like Czechs. Their language is almost like Polish
                            @Ukrainians - either polish peasants, or cossacks, or bandits. Lately opinion about them shifted much
                            @Byelorussians - polish peasants, poor and ruled by Lukaszenka. Both Ukrainians, Byelorussians and Russians have common negative description as "Ruscy"
                            @Lithuanians - ex-Poles. Opinion about them shifted as well
                            @Romanians - much disliked, unfortunatelly, though we had good relations, mostly because "Romanian" is a name for gypsies as well, since a flood of Romanian gypsies hit Poland.
                            @Russians - evil agressors with nice language and some nice culture
                            @The French - called Zabojady (Frog-Eaters)
                            @Hungarians - called "cousins". Officially and practically the closest of neighbouring nations
                            @Swedes - much liked, unlike all the neighbours but Hungarians.
                            @Italians - lately the most popular nation, with the Americans, British and, up to a couple of years ago, French close behind
                            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

Of course.

Comment

Working...
                              X