Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    I prefer Hendrix' version to Dylan's.
    I don't think I've ever actually heard Dylan do the song. I've heard Hendrix do it, and I've heard Dave Matthews do it, but never the real thing.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I like any song of Dylan's so long as he is not the one singing them
      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        I prefer Hendrix' version to Dylan's.
        QF cluelessness

Comment

I like Dave Mathews Band's version even better. No offensive Jimmy, you still rock.
          Monkey!!!

Comment

Knocking on Heaven's Door is probably my fave, though I prefer Clapton's rendition.

Like a Rolling Stone
            Tangled up in Blue
            Hurricane (though there's evidence Carter actually did commit the crime, there's no denying this is a great song.)

Where's "You Belong to Me?"

Comment

I'm not a huge Dylan fan, but the list shows what a man can accomplish with some talent and a nearly a half-century of time on his hands. some pretty cool stuff there.

I voted for Tangled Up in Blue, but that's a semi-random choice among other faves -- Lay Lady Lay (best pop single by far), Don't Think Twice, Watchtower, Subterranean, Shelter from the Storm, Rainy Day Women... The best stuff definitely tends to be pre-1970.

Hey Bob -- still waiting for you to learn to ENUNCIATE, baby.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Ministry's cover of Lay Lady Lay
                "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Anything covered but not sung by Dylan.
                  "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

One of the first records I ever bought was a 45 rpm single of "Mr. Tambourine Man" by...

The Cyrkle
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                      I like any song of Dylan's so long as he is not the one singing them
                      Same for me.

Nina Simone, Joan Baez, Marianne Faithfull, Hendrix, The Byrds, Bryan Ferry, basically anybody but Charlie Corncrake and his sand & glue vocals.
                      Attached Files
                      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Other: Tweeter and the Monkey Man. I think it's on one of the Wilbury albums.
                        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          I like Dave Mathews Band's version even better. No offensive Jimmy, you still rock.
                          Jimmy doesn't mind anymore, hasn't for a long long time.
                          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

1. Blowin' in the Wind
                            2. The Times, They Are A-Changing
                            3. Masters of War

BTW, even if you prefer covers -- I do -- the poll is asking for favourite song, not favourite recording.
                            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                            X