Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick three favorite officers from history, and say why you picked them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General Tso
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      Proteus, who were those aide and officer?
      Generalleutnant Hans Speidel and Oberstleutnant von Hofacker.

Obviosly Hofacker was executed (after they were finished with torturing and questioning him)
      whereas Speidel saved his skin by telling the version that he only told Rommel about the plot because he thought Rommel would take actions against the conspirators.
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by beingofone
        Ambrose E.Burnside - just kidding
        I don't care. You deserved to be bashed anyway fo just thinking of it.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
          Or Major Major.
          and General Specific with Private Public
          Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
          Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
          Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

Right, stop it now! This is getting far, far too silly!
            - The Colonel
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

General Direction

Private Matter

Comment

Sgt. Peppers
                Major Tom
                Private Parts
                What?

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  General Tso
                  grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Ahem.

Hawkeye Pierce:

BJ Honeycutt:

Sherman Potter:

Clearly the crême de la crême.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hmmm, Triple-X photographs.
                      They must be lewd.

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                        Or Major Major.

That's Major Major Major Major to you, civilian!
                        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Orde Wingate, the Rani of Jaipur and Eugene of Savoy.

Orde Wingate for unconventionality, for being a hero to several different nations, for intellect & learning married to cunning. Honoured by Great Britain, Israel and Ethiopia.

The Rani of Jaipur- a notable female leader in a field dominated by men. She was forced into a combat she did not want, and ended up by earning the admiration of her foes, the British in India- and given their masculine ethos, that was no small achievement.

Eugene of Savoy- along with Marlborough he saved Western Europe from the aggressive land-grabbing of Louis XIV and pretty much assured the later domination of the British Empire thanks to foiling French hegemony in continental Europe.

Not content with defeating one of Western Europe's most formidable armies, he also dealt hammerblows to his adopted home's (the Habsburg domains) enemies, the Ottoman Turks.
                          Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            Tom Landry - Born in Mission, Texas in 1924, Landry joined the Army Air Corps, and served as a co-pilot and gunner in a B-17. He flew 30 missions over Europe and survived a crash landing.

James Longstreet - As a general, Longstreet showed a talent for defensive fighting, preferring to position his troops in strong defensive positions and compel the enemy to attack him. Once the enemy had worn itself down, then and only then would Longstreet contemplate an attack of his own. In fact, troops under his command never lost a defensive position during the war. Lee referred to Longstreet affectionately as his Old War Horse. (Longstreet's friends generally called him Pete.) His record as an offensive tactician was mixed, however, and he often clashed with the highly aggressive Lee on the subject of the proper tactics to employ in battle.

David Crockett.
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Giap

Surprised that he's only been mentioned once so far.
                              He lost a lot of men and battles and wasn't responsible for defeating the Americans.

Comment

General Tso
                                There seems to be some concern about his valor though. Everytime I go into a Chinese restaurant I hear "General Tso's chicken."

Comment

Working...
                                X