This Is Stupidity. "Hospitalized smoker burns room, is hurt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serb
    He is dumb, but who is the "compassionate" soul that gave him a sigarette?
    Hmpfh. Probably a fellow addict. That or he somehow snuck it in prior to being hospitalized.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

How did he apply the cigarette anyway? Did he putit in one of those plugs where you normally add infusions / oxygen supply?

Comment

I hear that in hospitals you can see people smoking after they had surgeries on cancer of the throat. they apply it to the breathing holes cut into their throats. Bon appetit.

Comment

If a guy on oxygen lights his farts would he blow his ass off?
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

No.

Depending on how much oxygen he swallows instead of inhales, he could set his ass on fire.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Anybody got a light?
              We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

I once had a patient in a hospital in Danville, VA, The gut was an alcoholic with COPD and GI bleeding. He was on oxygen so I ordered no smoking in his room. I called in a gastroenterologist to consult on the GI bleeding. The GI doc came out of the room and asked me to rescind the order against smoking. When I refused, pointing out that the guy was in an oxygen tent, the GI doc rebuked me for violating the guys rights!
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  No.

Depending on how much oxygen he swallows instead of inhales, he could set his ass on fire.
                  So his body would so efficiently use the inhaled oxygen that his farts would not be explosive? Bummer. There's just no fun anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                    So his body would so efficiently use the inhaled oxygen that his farts would not be explosive? Bummer. There's just no fun anymore.
                    1. Methane is already explosive, but farts aren't voluminous enough to produce the kind of engery needed to blow off someone's ass.

Inhaled oxygen won't do anything for intestinal gasses. It doesn't go to the same place. Intestinal gasses are produced from swallowed air and from bacteria in your gut. It doesn't come from what you breathe.

Your body wouldn't be more flamable for being super-oxygenated, since that oxygen is already bound up. What you swallow and pass would be flamable, but again, since farts aren't that big, at best, he'd set his ass on fire.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

"at best, he'd set his ass on fire."

We can only hope for the best.

Comment

There was a guy living in an apartment building where I was living while I was in college who could light his farts up on demand. Then again as Dean Wormer once said: "Son, fat, lazy and stupid is no way to go through life."
                        "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

not that this matters but what is a nonremovable o2 mask? I have never seen one all the ones i have seen are removable which means patient can take it off and walk around with out it. And im sure the compassionte soul that gave it to him was a loving family memeber. they do stupid **** all the time. I had a patient in congestive heart failure with fluid restrictions and no pain meds casue his blood pressure was like 80/40 i walk in to assess the guy the daughter is giving dad a vicodin she brought from home with a 20 oz soda that he drank half of already. families can be alot of times with sick members in the hospital
                          When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                          "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                          Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            At best, he'd set his ass on fire.
                            QFsig
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Working...
                            X