X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecthy
    When will you be president?
    When I get enough votes.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
      That's because Che isn't a real communist and wants the Republicans-lite to win.

Just because I don't believe in slaughtering everyone who doesn't think like me doesn't mean I'm not a real commie, you mental Maoist.

The cause of communism is best served by a repug victory.

That's the kind of thinking that led to WWII. The Communists used to say, "After Hitler, us" cuz they thought the Nazis would run Germany into the ground, which they did, but not in they way anyone imagined. That kind of idiot thinking set back communism for over a hundred years.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Sikander

I hope so, I haven't been to a good Wig Party since the B-52s were in town.

Are you living in your own private colorado ?

You need to roam, to the love shack on planet claire and meet the Flintstones, have a yabba dabba do time doing the Rock Lobster, shimmy over to Mesopotamia, ring 6060 842, ooh, ask for a cosmic thing downtown, tune in to Channel Z from the wild planet and give yourself a double Whammy!!!!!
        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

People with Che shirts or monikers are fashionista sillies, not real commies.

Comment

Who says I have a Che shirt?
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Che skirt, more likely.

Comment

Wouldn't you like to know?

Comment

If it was suddenly discovered that Trotsky favoured wearing a skirt, you'd do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                    You've been trying to redefine reality to better fit with your utopian political dreams.
                    Yes, and he's been quite consistent about doing it too. PWNED.
                    1011 1100
                    Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

It's true.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

It will never happen. The two parties have rigged the system to exclude third parties - FACT.
                        How so?
                        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                          If it was suddenly discovered that Trotsky favoured wearing a skirt, you'd do it.
                          That was where J Edgar Hoover got the idea.
                          "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                          "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                          2004 Presidential Candidate
                          2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            [Q]Originally posted by Agathon

The cause of communism is best served by a repug victory.

That's the kind of thinking that led to WWII. The Communists used to say, "After Hitler, us" cuz they thought the Nazis would run Germany into the ground, which they did, but not in they way anyone imagined. That kind of idiot thinking set back communism for over a hundred years.
                            On the contrary, didn't it get them China and Eastern Europe?
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The Communist victory in China had little to do with the rise to power of fascism in Germany. That was a result of the Japanese invasion.

Nor did we win Eastern Europe. The USSR conquered it. It was a net drain on the USSR, and it's behavior there led to the discrediting of communism to most people in the West.

In Germany, where the Communists capitulated to the Nazis, they were wiped out, pretty much. In Italy, where the Communists led the struggle against Fascism, they have remained a significant party, almost winning the elections in 1947.

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                                How so?

In most states (but not all), 3rd parties have a higher bar to meet in order to get on the ballot than the two main parties. Even if they do get on the ballot, they don't get invited to debates or coverage from the media, so no one knows about them. The Federal Electoral Commission is staffed by the representitives of both main parties, no independents, AFAIK.

It used to be pretty easy to get on the ballot, but when the Progressive started during well around the turn of the last century, both parties got together to change the rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X