No announcement yet.

Who was thinking about getting snipped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was thinking about getting snipped?

Circumcision may stop millions of HIV deaths
    Significantly lower infection rate among circumcised men, WHO report finds

WASHINGTON - Circumcising men routinely across Africa could prevent millions of deaths from AIDS, World Health Organization researchers and colleagues reported Monday.

They analyzed data from trials that showed men who had been circumcised had a significantly lower risk of infection with the AIDS virus, and calculated that if all men were circumcised over the next 10 years, some two million new infections and around 300,000 deaths could be avoided.

Researchers believe circumcision helps cut infection risk because the foreskin is covered in cells the virus seems able to easily infect. The virus may also survive better in a warm, wet environment like that found beneath a foreskin
    Monkey!!!

Circumcision:

Looks, smells, tastes, feels better

...apparently
    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Well what can I say, I won't have many chances in life to taste any other guy's d!ck, nor my own, so I couldn't care less about taste

Comment

Same goes for feel and, generally, smell.

Comment

This same study was discussed in that thread.

The last thing sensible physicians would do in the western world is circumcise because of HIV transmission concerns. There are dozens of studies saying it helps prevent HIV transmissions, dozens saying it doesn't -- some even saying uncircumcized men have less chance of contracting HIV.

In the end, none of that matters anyway. Circumcizing boys for this reason is like telling them condoms aren't as important as they once were. If you don't want HIV, use a condom, don't mutilate your penis.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
            Circumcision:

...apparently
            ...eek!!

Comment

Circumsizing to prevent HIV is like chopping off your feet to prevent athlete's foot.

Why anyone would do this is a mystery to me.

Comment

While I don't have any strong opinions either way on getting snipped.. and think it should be allowed.. I think that doing it to prevent HIV is stupid.

Live reponsibly.

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Don't you spend all the money you don't have? Is that what you call living responsibly?

Comment

Besides, if you look at African countries where circumcision is generalized, you'll see that they're mainly Muslim societies with strong sexual taboos, and with a much lower infection rate.

It's not circumsision that will bring boys from other cultures further from promiscuity, or that will make them more prone to wear condoms (actually, the opposite might just happen)
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
                      Don't you spend all the money you don't have? Is that what you call living responsibly?
                      Yes, but I don't have sex with drunk chicks I don't know (despite that meaning I don't have sex).

Money isn't that important to me.

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Sex with drunk chicks

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                          Circumsizing to prevent HIV is like chopping off your feet to prevent athlete's foot.
                          Maybe if athelet's foot killed you.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
                            Circumcision:

...apparently
                            You must be doing something wrong.
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay

Why anyone would do this is a mystery to me.
                              Yeah right.

More like ripping of your toenails to prevent nail fungus.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X