Apolyton Poker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Poker

how's it going for our resident poker players?

i'm playing a weekly game down at my local, there are about 12 'regular' people, 6-8 generally turn up on any given week. the standard isn't half bad either, and we are still all learning things off each other, you see people trying new plays every week, which is pretty cool. the stakes are fairly small and it's nice and friendly.

i've been trying to get the boys at work involved in a poker game, but a lot of people have cooled their interest recently, especially since i told them how good i was to **** them up a bit.

found some time recently to play a bit on-line as well. put $100 into a partypoker account a few months and almost forgot about it. been playing at the .25-.50 tables, not exactly on the way to my first million but doing ok. entered a couple of tournaments as well, lost a $30 one last night thanks to an unbelievably lucky river card for some ****er who had no right to be playing that hand

but i guess that's the way it goes and i'm still slightly up.
    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

I'm close to being a 1000$ up at PartyPoker.

Started with about 200$ and am now at 1125$.
    That's after months play with some downtime in between. Over the last 7 days, I made about 500$.
    I mostly play tournaments though, regular sit'n go's.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I played with some relatives and friends over July 4th and won 2 out of the 3 games we played. The 3rd I came 2nd in and won back my buy-in money. Total winnings for the night - $180.
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

So PartyPoker is the place to go? Have to check this out.

net or com?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

.com

Make sure you make good use of any sign-up bonus offer out there!

On a bad run last couple of tournaments now.

This seems like the worst time to play too, lunch-ish CET seems like the best time to play in my experience.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

sloww, if you want to join, let me invite you (buddy, old pal ). could be profitable all round
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
            X