Things that global warming causes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things that global warming causes

Air pressure changes, allergies increase, Alps melting, anxiety, aggressive polar bears, algal blooms, Asthma, avalanches, billions of deaths, blackbirds stop singing, blizzards, blue mussels return, boredom, budget increases, building season extension, bushfires, business opportunities, business risks, butterflies move north, cannibalistic polar bears, cardiac arrest, Cholera, civil unrest, cloud increase, cloud stripping, methane emissions from plants, cold spells (Australia), computer models, conferences, coral bleaching, coral reefs grow, coral reefs shrink, cold spells, crumbling roads, buildings and sewage systems, damages equivalent to $200 billion, declining fish stocks, Dengue hemorrhagic fever, dermatitis, desert advance, desert life threatened, desert retreat, destruction of the environment, diarrhoea, disappearance of coastal cities, Dolomites collapse, drought, drowning people, drowning polar bears, ducks and geese decline, dust bowl in the corn belt, early spring, earlier pollen season, earthquakes, Earth light dimming, Earth slowing down, Earth spinning out of control, Earth wobbling, El Niño intensification, erosion, emerging infections, encephalitis,, Everest shrinking, evolution accelerating, expansion of university climate groups, extinctions (ladybirds, pandas, pikas, polar bears, gorillas, whales, frogs, toads, turtles, orang-utan, elephants, tigers, plants, salmon, trout, wild flowers, woodlice, penguins, a million species, half of all animal and plant species), experts muzzled, extreme changes to California, famine, farmers go under, figurehead sacked, fish catches drop, fish catches rise, five million illnesses, floods, Florida economic decline, food poisoning, footpath erosion, forest decline, forest expansion, frosts, fungi invasion, Garden of Eden wilts, glacial retreat, glacial growth, global cooling, glowing clouds, Gore omnipresence, Great Lakes drop, greening of the North, Gulf Stream failure, Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome, harm to Australian wine industry, harvest increase, harvest shrinkage, hay fever epidemic, heat waves, hibernation ends too soon, hibernation ends too late, human fertility reduced, human health improvement, hurricanes, hydropower problems, hyperthermia deaths, ice sheet growth, ice sheet shrinkage, inclement weather, Inuit displacement, insurance premium rises, invasion of midges, islands sinking, itchier poison ivy, jellyfish explosion, Kew Gardens taxed, krill decline, landslides, landslides of ice at 140 mph, lawsuits increase, lawyers' income increased (surprise surprise!), lightning related insurance claims, Lyme disease, Malaria, malnutrition, Maple syrup shortage, marine diseases, marine food chain decimated, Meaching (end of the world), megacryometeors, Melanoma, methane burps, melting permafrost, migration, microbes to decompose soil carbon more rapidly, more bad air days, more English wine, more research needed, mountains break up, mudslides, next ice age, Nile delta damaged, no effect in India, no more French wine, nuclear plants bloom, ocean acidification, outdoor hockey threatened, oyster diseases, ozone loss, ozone repair slowed, ozone rise, pests increase, plankton blooms, plankton loss, plant viruses, polar tours scrapped, psychosocial disturbances, railroad tracks deformed, rainfall increase, rainfall reduction, refugees, release of ancient frozen viruses, resorts disappear, rift on Capitol Hill, rivers raised, rivers dry up, rockfalls, rocky peaks crack apart, Ross river disease, salinity reduction, Salmonella, sea level rise, sex change, ski resorts threatened, smog, snowfall increase, snowfall reduction, societal collapse, songbirds change eating habits, spiders invade Scotland, squid population explosion, spectacular orchids, tectonic plate movement, ticks move northward (Sweden), tides rise, tree beetle attacks, tree foliage increase (UK), tree growth slowed, trees less colourful, trees more colourful, tropics expansion, tsunamis, Venice flooded, volcanic eruptions, walrus pups orphaned, wars over water, water bills double, water supply unreliability, water scarcity (20% of increase), weeds, West Nile fever, whales move north, wheat yields crushed in Australia, white Christmas dream ends, wildfires, wind shift, winters on Britain colder, wolves eat more moose, wolves eat less, workers laid off, World bankruptcy, World in crisis, Yellow fever.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Global warming caused my kid to grow obese!!

Comment

What I really hate about global warming is that it put Al Gore back in the spotlight.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

global warming causes right wing homosexual's tits to hurt
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
          Global warming caused my kid to grow obese!!
          No, that was McDonald's.

My first concern with global warming is the possible shutdown of the so-called Atlantic Conveyer.

This is an ocean process by which tropical waters move northward, reach about the latitude of Canada, become cold, sink, and then flow southward to the tropics.

As the glaciers and polar ice caps melt, the oceans are becoming more fresh. Fresh water is lighter than salt water. So the theory is that, with the influx of fresh waterh, the Atlantic Conveyer will break down at the point where the water sinks -- because fresh water won't sink into salt water. When the Atlantic Conveyer shuts down, warm water will not long flow over the surface of the North Atlantic. In turn, winds crossing Europe will no longer be warmed by the Atlantic but rather chilled by it. This will throw Europe into a mini-ice-age.

If this happens, it will happen very fast -- in just a decade or two. So it could happen in our time.

Comment

global warming causes crapy threads
            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

No, that was McDonald's.

My first concern with global warming is the possible shutdown of the so-called Atlantic Conveyer.

This is an ocean process by which tropical waters move northward, reach about the latitude of Canada, become cold, sink, and then flow southward to the tropics.

As the glaciers and polar ice caps melt, the oceans are becoming more fresh. Fresh water is lighter than salt water. So the theory is that, with the influx of fresh waterh, the Atlantic Conveyer will break down at the point where the water sinks -- because fresh water won't sink into salt water. When the Atlantic Conveyer shuts down, warm water will not long flow over the surface of the North Atlantic. In turn, winds crossing Europe will no longer be warmed by the Atlantic but rather chilled by it. This will throw Europe into a mini-ice-age.

If this happens, it will happen very fast -- in just a decade or two. So it could happen in our time.
              It's a totally discredited theory that it will shut down quickly.

We know zilch about what causes the circulation of the oceans and what it causes.
              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Well thats not true, we don't know zilch, we have been studying it for a few decades now..

And i'm sure the scientists aren't entirely wrong.. Geology is not that unpredictable when you understand the general idea of how the Earth functions.
                be free

Comment

I thought that list was what Al Qaeda causes
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I thought it was for tax hikes.

Edit: I have over the last year sat in on a large number of meterorology lectures so that I could use the computers in the same room. I didn't learn much. What did catch me though was one of the lecturers - who would frequently talk about the threat of global warming - claiming on a couple of occasions that the North Atlantic conveyor was not responsible for the relatively warm weather that Europe gets. I never heard him offer an alternative explanation.
                    Last edited by Thedrin; July 12, 2006, 08:45.
                    LandMasses Version 3 Now Available since 18/05/2008.

Comment

does park avenue believe in evolution? cause he sounds like someone who would also back ID
                      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

no, he backs EGO
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

along with an IPA IPO?

Comment

Dolomites collapse
                            Byatch bring me my pimp cane.
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Thedrin
                              I thought it was for tax hikes.

Edit: I have over the last year sat in on a large number of meterorology lectures so that I could use the computers in the same room. I didn't learn much. What did catch me though was one of the lecturers - who would frequently talk about the threat of global warming - claiming on a couple of occasions that the North Atlantic conveyor was not responsible for the relatively warm weather that Europe gets. I never heard him offer an alternative explanation.
                              www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Working...
                              X