Polycon '06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sir Og
    I can only hope that next time it won't cost me a third of my annual income to attend.
    if you wait a couple of years we'll be doing national conventions
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Thanks for the report!

The main thing that pleased me was these folks took time from there busy schedules to let us (our community) have a glimpse into the gaming world through tours and dispersal of information

Thanks to all involved for the hard work and again Thanks from my heart to Markos and DanQ for having Apolyton and again Apolycon06

Grandpa "sure missed out being with ya all" Troll
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

As Alex said, it was fun guys, thanks for hosting. If (when?) ApolyCon comes back I'll be there again.

Comment

Cool... another oppertunity to TTA!!!
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

to Talk To Alex?
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

i hope you guys dont mind me posting your feedback on the convention site
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It was excellent meeting everyone, and I think a good time was had by all! Trip and Alex's presentation even inspired enough to start planning a massive Civ4 scenario which I have little ability to actually implement. It'll be great!
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

It was fun doing a cross-country 'poly workshop, and when I got back I got a job so now I can pay off the huge credit card bill I ran up !

My fiancee was really glad that Donegeal wasn't an axe murderer, although after some of the Chicago traffic on the way back I had second thoughts...

A bullett point rundown of my experience starting Thursday:

-2 hour drive to Madison with paranoid fiancee
                  -Buy Paranoid fiancee nice dinner in Madison to calm her nerves
                  -buy new shoes because sole falls off of one of my shoes
                  -call Donegeal to let him know we're on our way
                  -Arrive in Janesville, stop for gas, thought about asking a Sheriff if he knew Dongegeal but decided against it.
                  -Arrive at Donegeal's house
                  -Spend 20+ minutes chit-chatting and trying to get Civ4 to work on Donegeal's laptop
                  -Donegeal and I hit the road
                  -Donegeal has a cool Garmin GPS tracker thing that we have fun with along the way
                  -Janesville-Chicago Don and I talk about CIV, Apolyton, Paranoid wives/fiancees, and how we'd get to meet two states of FIBs and a FOB state on our way.
                  -Chcago. We go under a tunnel and the garmin loses satellite, we take a brief 5-10 minute unexpected detour in the windy city.
                  -Chicago-Gary Indiana, Don has to take a crap and it's my turn to drive, decide to use the find detour thing on the garmin.
                  -Gary Indiana: We see a crackhouse
                  -Gary Indiana: We see a pimped out maroon cadillac cruisin' through the ghetto.
                  -Gary Indiana: We stop at a McDonald's to use the restroom, it is locked.
                  -Gary Indiana, Armpit of the nation: We get so sick of Gary Indiana that we get back on the highway and stop at the next Travel Plaza instead.
                  -Indiana: It's about 2am now, I drive through Indiana while Donegeal sleeps, he snored some but it kept me awake so I didn't mind.
                  -Ohio: Have to stop for gas, Donegal takes over the driving, I sleep for an hour or so.
                  -Ohio still: Donegal's getting tired I get to drive the next stretch, get to see one of the most spectacular sunrises of my life.
                  -Stop just outside of the Ohio Pennsylvania border for breakfast (McDonald's & Mountain Dew) Donegeal the road warrior drives the rest of the way.
                  -See Donegal Pennsylvania, a great w00t is had by all.
                  -Friday noonish: We arrive at the convention, the Hotel person calls me Mr. Andersen and someone makes a Matrix reference.
                  -I take a shower
                  -I leave the room to see Zopperoni outside the elevator he buys me a soda and introduces me to MarkG and DanQ.
                  -Ate lunch at an overpriced restaurant with DanQ, MarkG, Zopperoni, and Nolan/Condor
                  -Take a nap at hotel
                  -Meet Snoopy369, Snotty, Jon Miller, CapTVK, and probably others who I'm forgetting before dinner at the hotel restaurant.
                  -I get a +1 because the dinner was on Apolyton! I order an overpriced steak and eat only half because they didn't do a good job on it.
                  -I remind DanQ that Apolyton still owes me $5 from a story contest I won years ago.
                  -We finish eating and head to BHG
                  -BHG is awesome
                  -BHG ran out of free coffee mugs so I got a copy of Rise of Legends as a consolation prize... I was definitely consoled.
                  That's it for now, there is more though!!
                  First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                  Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Who was the best Asher basher?

Comment

DanQ!
                      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
                      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

What did he say?

Comment

Does he speak in brackets [in real life]?
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What does he say [about Asher]?

Comment

That he was a trouble maker.

JM
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN
                              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What else?

Comment

Working...
                                X