WKRP in Cincinnati...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
      Gooffy guy with the glasses.....what was his name. I know the actor is Buck Henry.....wait nevermind, Less Nessman. I remembered!
      You got the guy you couldn't remember right, and the actor you knew was wrong.

The actor is Richard Sanders.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

My housemate slept with the main actor in that show.
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

IMHO a classic but not the best ever
          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
            The actor is Richard Sanders.
            Richard Sanders invested one of the most subtle running gags ever.

The day of the taping of the pilot episode, he wacked his head really hard on one of the lights. He finally got the bleeding stopped and covered the wound with a band-aid. Great he thinks now I have to shoot the pilot with a band-aid on my forehead. But then he realized that Less Nessman would be kind of a clutz. So after that, in every episode, he wore a band-aid somewhere. Watch for it next time you see a rerun.

Comment

There was a main actor in that show?
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                There was a main actor in that show?
                The guy no one remembers.
                What?

Comment

NO no I swear the guys name was Buck Henry.
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Nope it's not. I think. Just Wikipedia Buck Henry, but damn they do look a bit alike.
                    Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                    Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                    Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                    You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I never really thought of the Andy Travis character as the main actor either since there were so many great characters. Travis was played by actor Gary Sandy IIRC
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

It was an ensemble piece which, by definition, doesn't have a main character.

However, I always saw Andy as the main character because he was the sane straightman around which the maelstrom of madness revolved.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                          "God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."
                          That was too funny
                          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

One of my favorite exchanges was when the folks at the station were trying to form a union. They asked Jennifer to join.

I can't. I'm already a member of a union.
                            Really?? Which one?
                            The Sisterhood of American Blond Receptionists. I won't tell you what our starting salary is. You'd kill yourselves.

Comment

Turkeys can fly actually, wild ones...

Andy Travis was the "main" character, I think the show opens with his arrival at WKRP from a station in the SW, maybe Pheonix. He's the "straight man" like Seinfeld, Barney Miller, Judd Hirsch (Taxi), and Ted Danson in Cheers surrounded by oddballs.

Comment

Working...
                              X