A question for Mac users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A question for Mac users

I gave a friend of mine a DVD full of music tracks. I tried to put the music on his girfriend's Mac and it didn't recognized it, it thought that the DVD was empty. I tried it on his PC and the tracks were there. What did I do wrong? (They use her iPod to listen to music and the iPod is set up on her Mac.)
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Different file system.
    "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

That's really wierd, since I've done that kind of thing with my brother's PC and it has worked. What kind of files were the music?

Comment

Some DVD's are formatted to be read by PC's and macs, some aren't. It's usually just a setting in the burning software.

Comment

Aye. OSX claims to support UDF 1.50, but it doesn't. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...cular_UDF_disk .
          This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

That's really wierd, since I've done that kind of thing with my brother's PC and it has worked. What kind of files were the music?
            Most are AAC, some are MP3
            Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

A quick question. If both computers share the same internet connection through a router, is there a way to copy the tracks on his PC, then send them on her Mac through the ethernet cable?

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
                Aye. OSX claims to support UDF 1.50, but it doesn't. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...cular_UDF_disk .
                It's funny because I just got some spam from Apple the other day, asking if you're frustrated with your PC and Macs "just work".
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

No ideas?

Comment

There definitely is a way. The *simplest* way would probably be to share the directory the files you need to move are in on the PC, and connect to said shared folder from the Mac (seems you'd do that by choosing "Go", then "Connect to server" from the Finder menu). If that doesn't work, well, I can tell you how to do it with netcat (assuming you can trust cmd.exe to handle I/O redirection correctly these days) but that'll require some work with Terminal and Command Prompt.
                    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X