Cyber nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But it´s logic.
    Many of the best inventiosn were made in war or at least for warfare.

Think of WW1/WW2, or think of Leonardo da Vinci, whose best inventions were made for the House of Medici, to be used in warfare.
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
    Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Nah, it's especially important gameplay-wise.

In a game where warfare is pretty constant, having a magical shield will give you an undue economic advantage over those who can't afford to be all butter and no cannon.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

How old is the game ? is my 8million nation going to get raped by a 12billion one ?
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Its 184 days old apparently.
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

ah tw** somebody has taken the Hive !
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

It seems like you can only get raped by other nations which are near you in the ranking list (AFAIK +/- 50 places from your own ranking) and therefore probably aren´t too strong/weak compared to you (much like the system Unification wars uses).

So you don´t have to fear that all of the top dogs wuill tear you to pieces as soon as you appear in the game
              You also cannot attack or be attacked during the first 3 days after registration.

And, if you don´t want to wage too much wars there´s still the possibility to form alliances. Other nations will refrain fromattacking you if you have strong partners in your alliance
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Well im The Human Hive so any advice on how to go about my first week or 2 of playing in terms of land/tech/trade etc appreciated

Comment

Invest in Infrastructure as the more infratsructure the more money the peoiple make and the more taxes you collect .
                  Your land grows automatically by ~0.5 miles per day, therefore you don´t need to worry about problems with your Lebensraum for the first days.
                  YOu´ve got 4 trade slots (the slots are per other play you trade with and not per trade item --> you can get around 8 trade items if you are combine your trade partners in a way that everyone of them gives you 2 trade items you don´t already possess.
                  You should prefer trading with members of your own team (as this gives you an additional +1 happiness boost per trade partner)

What is the color of your team and which resources do you possess?

Comment

I just started Tiki Tiki Land, but didn't join any team. I have fish and wine to trade. Make me some offers!
                    "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                    "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                    "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Red team, lead and timber

ok is this how the trade thing works ?

I trade my 2 res with kontiki, i now have fish and wine instead (do i still keep my lumber and lead bonus?) so i then look for a player who needs both fish and wine and trade for his 2 res and continue like that ?
                      Last edited by Lazerus; July 11, 2006, 19:51.

Comment

Ah pity.
                        Bluet team would´ve been better, most people posting in this thread seem to be in Team blue.

But that´s no gbig problem.
                        Go to "Display All Nations Resources" which you find down below on the menu on the left side.
                        There you can filter the possible trading partners so that only those are displayed which belong to the red team.

Always try to choose your trading partners so that you can get as much bonus ressources as possible.
                        (Bonus ressources are ressources you get if you have the right combination of ressources and the right tech. For example Lumber+Iron+Marbel+Tech 5 gives you Construction which further reduces the costs for infrastructure. Or lead, gold, oil and tech 10 gives you microchips which reduce the costs for purchasing technology levels)

Comment

dammit i was gonna go blue with that being the Hives colour aswell but then i saw most of the top 30 players were red

Comment

Originally posted by Lazerus
                            Red team, lead and timber

ok is this how the trade thing works ?

I trade my 2 res with kontiki, i now have fish and wine instead (do i still keep my lumber and lead bonus?) so i then look for a player who needs both fish and wine and trade for his 2 res and continue like that ?
                            That´s right.
                            You both can only gain from the trade (aside fromloosing a free trade slot of course ).
                            Would Kontiki be in your team, both of you would also gain an additional +1 happiness for your population.

Comment

Where's this "trade summary" button? Someone has offered me a trade, but when I go to their nation, it only gives me the option to offer them a trade.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Nation menu --> trade agreements

btw.
                                it would also be a good idea to invest in at least some soldiers.
                                Soldiers do a double duty as police force, meaning that having too few soldiers can result in additional unhappy people

Comment

Working...
                                X