• Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRV? Is he your lawyer?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Instant Runoff Voting.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yet the one side is ahead, why would they agree to another vote? Is that what you mean by 'runoff vote'?

Comment

Ideally, you want your leader to have more than 50% of the vote. Regardless of whether the PAN or PRD candidate wins, almost twice as many people voted for someone besides the one who won.

Unless they want to have a weak president, which might be the case. Better to have most power in the legislature than the executive anyway.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Leftists losing
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Che, thanks for the explanation.

LS, I don't really know what each guy stands for so I'll not party yet. What concerns me is if the lefty, who appears to be rabble rousing, starts a war down there to obtain power.

Comment

LordShiva

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                  Ideally, you want your leader to have more than 50% of the vote. Regardless of whether the PAN or PRD candidate wins, almost twice as many people voted for someone besides the one who won.

Unless they want to have a weak president, which might be the case. Better to have most power in the legislature than the executive anyway.
                  Here's a mo' betta explanation:

(1) Everyone votes for a first choice and a second choice.
                  (2) Whichever candidates gets the fewest amount of votes is out.
                  (3) Those ballots cast for the third-place guy are recounted, using the unsuccessful voters' second choices.

For example, let's say Theban, Lancer and Zkribbler are running for President.
                  Theban gets 7 million first-choice votes.
                  Lancer gets 6 million first-choice votes.
                  And poor ol' Zkribbler only gets 5 million first-choice votes.

Zkribbler's out of the race. The 5 million votes cast for him are recounted, using the voters' second choice. Of those 5 million votes:
                  1 million second-choice votes were cast for Theban.
                  4 million second-choice votes were cast for Lancer.

So Theban's total is 7 million + 1 million = 8 million
                  Lancer's total is 6 million + 4 million = 10 million.

Comment

So...it's a system of election by which the creme always floats to the top.

I'm against it.

Comment

It's a system where you can alway vote for the guy you like, without making sure you help elect the guy you hate.

Anyway, it looks like some hinky **** was going on during the election. In Mexico Nevar!

Comment

It's a system prone to abuse by strategic voting.
                        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Most people aren't smart enough to figure out how to do that, and it will more than likely backfire in your face.

Funny you never hear about the Australians complaining about it.

Comment

But you do hear the French complaining about it.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              With three parties, Mexico needs IRV.
                              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                                But you do hear the French complaining about it.
                                We don't have the same system.

We have ordinary runoffs, not IRV
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X