Yar! Keith Richards to Co-Star in Next 'Pirates' Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yar! Keith Richards to Co-Star in Next 'Pirates' Movie

Ever since Johnny Depp copped to borrowing Keith Richards' mannerisms for his scene-stealing performance as Jack Sparrow in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, speculation has raged that Keef himself might don some pirate gear for a future installment of Disney's latest hit movie franchise.

Now, according to Depp and producer Jerry Bruckheimer, rumor is finally about to become reality: Richards has signed on to play Jack Sparrow's father in the third Pirates movie, which is already in production and will resume filming next month in California. The Rolling Stones guitarist is scheduled to shoot his cameo appearance sometime in September.

"We're all looking forward to the idea of Keith coming in," Depp said at a press conference for the film's London premiere. "You never say it's definite until the guy steps on the set and the camera is rolling. But it's looking very, very good."

Depp's co-star Orlando Bloom added, "I can't wait to see him -- well, if he doesn't kill himself falling out of coconut trees. Very rock and roll."

Richards, 62, suffered a head injury in April when he reportedly fell out of a palm tree while vacationing in Fiji. The injury and a subsequent surgery forced the Rolling Stones to reschedule a sizable portion of their summer European tour.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest opens in U.S. theaters this Friday, July 7.

--The ARTISTdirect Staff
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

What? He's dead already? I must be getting old.

Comment

(<--- at some point, forum users started replying not only without having read links or OPs, but even without reading thread titles and merely responding to images in the OP and names in the thread title)

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Twill be interesting to see how close to the mark Depp really came.
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

He doesn't even need make up for the part.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Avast!
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

It'll be a cameo. Ultimate stunt casting.

The new movie opens tomorrow. Very long (140 minutes!) but good reviews so far. Chicago Tribune review said twice the laughs, half the violence. and said Depp is just over the top once again.

I will definitely see it, but after the initial weekend rush.
                Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
                  Twill be interesting to see how close to the mark Depp really came.
                  Keith Richards was the foundation, not the finished product. Its not an impression that Depp was doing.

Though seeing both of them together will probably be a riot
                  "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                  ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                  "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Correct. Depp also claimed another cartoon character, Pepe LePew, as part of the inspiration.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I like Johnny Depp and ol' Jack is funny, but I think he's worthless. His men get it done in spite of him.

Comment

The reviews I've seen said it wasn't as good. I'll see it anyway.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

User Rating: 7.9/10 (1,412 votes)

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                            Correct. Depp also claimed another cartoon character, Pepe LePew, as part of the inspiration.
                            Figures.
                            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                            2004 Presidential Candidate
                            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

My wife and daughter went today. Absolutely loved it.
                              But they wou.d...

I'll see it next week when the crowd thins.

Comment

Working...
                              X