I got a new XBox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a new XBox 360

And I love the thing (Premium version, of course). This may sound really bad & lazy, but one of my favorite things is to turn on the console by just hitting the button on the wireless gamepad . That the lord for not making me have to deal with tangled wires !!

So I got FIFA World Cup 2006 with it, as well as the Nyko Intercooler attachment, and the Quick Charge battery charger... oh, and everything was 10% because of a Circuit City coupon (CC ). I'm really enjoying everything. Graphics are very, very nice, but I'm looking forward to the games where they REALLY push the hardware in this thing .

I also just found the free Tetris-y game included on the console in the XBox Arcade . I was immediately hooked (damn you, XBox!).

I'm looking forward to NCAA 2007 at the end of this month and, when I get my new Linksys (wired) router from Amazon, downloading some demos and maybe some arcade games .

Question for those of you who have it already, would you recommend the extended service policy ($60 for 2 years, IIRC)? It is a new technology, so it actually may be worth it, but I thought I'd ask.
    Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; July 6, 2006, 09:30.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Is it worth the $$$$ as a step up (gameplay wise) from the XBox?

BTW extended warranties are for mugs. Things either bugger up in the first year and youre covered by the standard guarantee or they last for years.

Comment

Originally posted by reds4ever
      Is it worth the $$$$ as a step up (gameplay wise) from the XBox?
      Well I only have World Cup 2006, but never got a FIFA game for XBox, so I don't have a direct comparison. The graphics seem to be far better... and I don't know if the original XBox version had widescreen mode, but I can't imagine playing a soccer game without it now!

I've also heard that the controls are a bit 'looser' on the XBox 360 than on the XBox and PS2.

Though for some of the games coming down the pike, I'd say it will be worth the money. I had a 10% coupon expiring soon, so I just went for it a month or so earlier than I would have normally.

Oh, but having the black and white buttons now on the top of the gamepad makes it far more comfortable to play with all the buttons .

BTW extended warranties are for mugs. Things either bugger up in the first year and youre covered by the standard guarantee or they last for years.
      IIRC, the X360 (as well as most consoles) only have a 3 month guarentee.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Ah, maybe it is worth it then. In the UK we get a year statutory gaurantee.

Comment

Congrats!

I am having a blast played World Cup 2006 on the 360.

NCAA 2004?!? Perhaps NCAA 2007?

Right now, I have had my 360 for about a month, and am probably not going for the extended warrenty. If I had gotten it last Nov. then I probably would have.

Comment

Oh yeah.. the 4 and 7 are too close on the keypad!

Comment

The NCAA game is next on my list to acquire.

I am also glad to see that some of the first games are starting to come down in price. Fry's had a couple of the sports games at $19.99 over the 4th. My son wanted a racing game instead, so we go Ridge Racer 6.

Comment

Re: I got a new XBox 360

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

So I got FIFA World Cup 2006 with it,
                It sucks.

Better to wait for Winning Eleven 10, or go with the compatible Winning Eleven 9.

EA's football games suck in comparison.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Re: Re: I got a new XBox 360

Originally posted by Agathon
                  It sucks.
                  It's pretty damned good . And got 190+ countries that you can play. FIFA and WE offer different things. FIFA likes to be complete in terms of teams and players and get official licenses... also the gameplay in this go around has improved markedly.

Comment

What? No Elder Scrolls: Oblivion?

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                      What? No Elder Scrolls: Oblivion?

ACK!
                      There is no need to buy it twice.

Comment

Oh, fine then, I don't even have the damn thing and the kids have the 360 in oregon.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Show off your spy abilities and pilfer it

Comment

Check out Geometry Wars on the XBL Arcade.

And I'd actually get the extended warranty. I never do, but I regret it because my 360 actually died and I needed to get it replaced for $150CDN (which took about a week).
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

IIRC, the X360 (as well as most consoles) only have a 3 month guarentee.

I would never buy a product that only promises it will last that short periode.
                              European (Belgian) consumer laws.
                              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                              X