Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Proteus_MST

Only if you let them lie there undisturbed for several 1000 years

btw. as you m,ention that it´s swamp-like.

Hope it doesn´t contain a unique ecosystem.

That´s the problem in europe, as many swamps get dried up or used for peat cutting (especially in germany and the netherlands), a lot of unique ecosystems (with for example carnivorous plants) get destroyed.
    (in contrast to lignite mining which consumes a landscape that isn´t different from the rest of the country)
    I don't give **** about a unique eco-system.

The freaking stuff is $70 a barrel, and I don't care that it takes 4 tons of Earth and 4 days of heating for a home to get it out.

A: We should build nuke plants to stop burning nat gas for the extraction process, and even then 4 days of nat gas for a home is didley squat.

B: The province requires that land strip mined (all of it) be reclaimed.

C: There is a lot of that eco-system that will never get torn up. We are speaking about tens of thousands of square kms.
    Last edited by notyoueither; July 5, 2006, 03:04.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

The next 50 years will probably see a decline in the oil reserves and therefore rising fuel prices.

The more money USA (and other countries) put into research for non fossil fuels (like fuel cells or hydrogen) the better
      Apparently, they're going to turn to liquifying coal, which actually pollutes twice as much
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

How ridiculous are Saudi Arabia's official numbers for oil deposits then?

Comment

[Al Gore]’s as far left as you can go.

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Gore is just jealous that the world's largest trucks are in Alberta.
            Trucks and steaks.

Comment

What about me????
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I wonder what Gore uses to get around in to all those events and news conferences he does to plug is documentry? Actually i'm sort of curious if all the books he wrote was published on recycled paper? He talks a good talk to be sure but is he a practicing enviromentalist.
                Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Klein's jealous that his own movie bombed.
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

What about me????
                    Don't worry.

The real Ralph Klein had a stroke and died years ago, when faced with a homeless person who told him he sucked.

This Ralph Klein is a pale imitation of the original, and wouldn't recognise a commie if the commie threw pie in his face.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      It isn't downtown Calgary.
                      Et pourtant,..

Muskeg is treacherous. It is water logged earth, like swamp.

It's no sort of place to build a village or a life.

Il's sont fous...
                      I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

Re: Cat fight!

... and still no pictures.

Bloody false advertising.
                        I don't know what I am - Pekka

Comment

..."I don’t listen to Al Gore, in particular, because he’s a Democrat..."
                          Thats a weird remark coming from a Canadian Premier. Does he consider himself a Republican or something?

Comment

Hope it doesn´t contain a unique ecosystem.
                            A unique swamp is still a swamp.
                            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Thats a weird remark coming from a Canadian Premier. Does he consider himself a Republican or something?
                              He's made a whole lot less sense since he stopped drinking.

See homeless guy incident above.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Also, it's usually Democrats at the forefront of things like softwood tarrifs (boo) and stupid comments about the largest foreign source of oil for the US in the world.

Democrats should be popular up here, but they do and say so many stupid things.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X