No announcement yet.

US Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) on the Internets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think, I THINK I can guess what the "2 days to get it" thing came from.

Several possiblities.

1. He does not know how to use his browser and did not notice he recieved the email 2 days earlier and did not realize the date he recieved it on.

2. He does not know how to use his browser and when someone confronted him about not responding to an email for 2 days, he lied. Anyone who has spent any time doing technical support work can tell you people constantly lie so as to not appear ignorant about computers....

3. He does not know how to use his browser and when someone confronted him about not responding to an email for 2 days, he lied so as to not appear rude.

3. Exaggeration.

I think 2 is the most likley.

The fact that this moron has a vote........ oy.

Comment

Err, sometimes there is a server down somewhere or something. I have had email take real time to reach me also.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

For every time there is an ACTUAL hardware problem, there are countless more times people lie about it for a variety of reasons(#3 being the most common).

The way he describes it, it is a consistant problem, nay a threat! Oh noes! All those packets are being used for movies and frivolous things, so my poor plain text email can not get through the truck traffic!

Comment

Hmm... we could solve this particular problem by selling Alaska to Canada
          "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
          -Joan Robinson

Comment

It's a series of tubes.
            Personally, I go for bottled internets.

Comment

Bump. This speech was featured at the opening of the Daily Show monologue a few minutes ago. It should be available on comedycentral.com soon, or you could just check when the Daily Show reruns on Comedy Central in your area.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                How do we let people like this have positions of power in the government?
                I let it happen by not residing in Alaska.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Kill all old people now.

Bird flu
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                  X