No announcement yet.

Do you believe in ball lightening?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like you can't enter the same river the same man twice.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      I have no memory of Lamonica kicking. No biggie. Just the latest in a developing long line of events.
      Ya ever walk away from a post and then a day or two later say "D'oh! What the heck was I thinking?!"

You're right, Sloww. It wasn't Lamonica kicking. He was the first-string quarterback. It was ol' George Blanda, the second-string quarterback, who did the kicking for the Raiders and who was wrongfully accused of cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Ya ever walk away from a post and then a day or two later say "D'oh! What the heck was I thinking?!"

You're right, Sloww. It wasn't Lamonica kicking. He was the first-string quarterback. It was ol' George Blanda, the second-string quarterback, who did the kicking for the Raiders and who was wrongfully accused of cheating.
        I remember Blanda, he was great. Very handy for the fake field goal, being a QB. He retired at age 49 iirc.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I have seen lightning that, upon hitting the ground, shot out a compact energy burst, not in a streak, but looking very much like a ball. I would wonder about it entering a room in a house at the same time someone was in that room. That kind of energy would most likely kill the occupants of said room.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

So Blanda had longer balls than Lamonica?
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              So Blanda had longer balls than Lamonica?
              Much longer, yeah. And at age 49, he had much longer staying power.

Comment

Working...
              X