How About Poly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How About Poly?

We need to figure this out; what is the driving force of this place?
    The Off-Topic forum
    45.95%
    The On-Topic forums
    32.43%
    The Banana Forums
    21.62%

Use to be On-Topic, but I think that we are second or even third on Civ4, so now maybe Off-Topic, not sure.

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Other Games, clearly.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Amazingly when asked in the off-topic forum everyone picks the OT...
        Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I say we bring back Ted momentarily to try and balance things a little.

Comment

I see. Use unbalanced to balance. Smart thinking.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
              Use to be On-Topic, but I think that we are second or even third on Civ4, so now maybe Off-Topic, not sure.

JM
              3rd?
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
                Amazingly when asked in the off-topic forum everyone picks the OT...
                A delightful statement of the obvious.

Who is in second, presuming CivFanatics is in first?
                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

You must not speak such heresy here!
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

What drives Apolyton?

The answer is simple. Definitely NOT the Off-Topic Forums. Markos and Dan would not put so much effort into this site if all that were here was the Off-Topic. Apolyton exists because there are many people who are clearly interested in the game and this is evident by the fact that they post on the On-Topic forums.

Although the Off-Topic does give Apolyton alot of flare. Even the On-Topic people come here to unwind.

Hold on, now I'm confused. Perhaps it's the Off-Topic after all. I mean, if the Off-Topic did not exist or wasn't lively enough, would the On-Topic people come here in the first place? The Off-Topic is THE meeting place.

Back in 98, I came to Apolyton a few days after its creation. I definitely would not stay if it weren't for the great sense of community I got from the Off-Topic conversations.

Allright, now I just don't know. Someone help me out over here.

~ Dominikos ~
                    ~ Dominikos ~

Comment

Let's have a poll. Oh, wait...

Comment

For me? I'd say that Poly has diverse people who mostly appreciate certain topics, current issues etc, and seem to be debating and arguing in more civilized manner. Meaning that the debates aren't who can shout the loudest. There's usually some backing up.

Lots of smart people, and stupid 'teenagers' are non-existent.

It's a haven really and we got all political views, races, religions and even few girls represented. I'd say it makes a worldwide discussion most of the times and if you come out unprepared, you will pay for it when someone gets you.

I like it. I like the diversity of political etc opinions. If everyone just agreed, this would be a BORING place, even when people get frustrated with the right wing left wing euro commie thingie. But trust me, if we all agreed, we could as well go and have sex with each other.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Apolycon LOL

**** This is such a crappy question ; different people different ****ing answers

Comment

On topic clearly keeps the site afloat. All Off-Topic is good for is periodic moments of boredom and losers who feel some sense of community on a message board.
                            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                            X