Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now our soldiers are raping Iraqi women, too?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
      You said Republicans support rape, which is an entirely different thing.
      I don't think that most Republicans actually support rape - however, often times people become so emotionally attached to an issue that they can't admit that any aspect of it could be wrong.
      To me, I'm generally wary of statements that follow the pattern of "Well, raping women is wrong, but....." since its usually a thinly-vieled justification for it.
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Republicans say, "Raping women is wrong, which is why we prosecute rapists."
        (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
        (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
        (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Proteus,

Yep mate, Italy also has a PR (Proportional Representation) system that puts off my nation from adopting it, down to the biased right-wing media (who form the majority of newspapers) in the UK citing only Italy as an example. I'd like to see Denmark and Germany et al quoted as fine examples for once......

Large companies oppose PR as the current "first-past-the-post" system the UK and US cling to as it dilutes the influence they can exercise only having two effective parties, not five helps them to concentrate the money wisely, based on public opinion polls showing who the next government is going to be formed by!!

No coincidence that Murdoch (Sky etc,etc) utterly opposes PR, and through Sky, "The Sun" (especially) and "The Times" ensures the UK is unlikely to get it anytime soon.

It goes without saying this is IMO!

As I understand it, it's even less of an interest in the US than it is in the UK?

Toby

Comment

Working...
          X