• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alva
    I see noone trying to ban cars.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
      Found some tobacco leftovers in a drawer.
      I used to be like that.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I'm in favour of expropriating all cars and selling them to the benefit of cancer research.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™
          I'm in favour of expropriating all cars and selling them to the benefit of cancer research.
          It would do more for cancer to simply scrap (well, reycle) them.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

To Sava:

Grow up. And watch as smoking bans proliferate. Hurray for the march of sound public health policy!
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              To Sava:

Grow up. And watch as smoking bans proliferate. Hurray for the march of sound public health policy!
              After 28 years of smoking I am now the proud owner of a stint in my heart. Its really funny to argue the pro smoking point until you get one of those. The 14 different pills I take everyday for the rest of my7 life are sooo cool too.

Ban smoking now! It really is just plain stupid.
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Yeah, 'cuz banning smoking in public places is making people quit.

How about setting up some decent (free) programs helping you to do so, I'd be all in favour of that.
                How about forcing the tobacco compagnies to do some serious research on making the less dangerous and less addictive.
                The truth is that they like the money smokers bring in, just not the rest, who are the hypocrites, you tell me.

Smokers are the victims here!!!!
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

As a pediatrician, I'm going to try to restrain myself here from getting too emotional in this thread.

I will just say that the effects of secondhand smoke on children are well-established, and awful.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer

Oh noes, not teh car!!! I need it to get to the grocer shop 50 yards away!!!

Why should I breath in the fumes of your two 4x4's?
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Sava
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                        As a pediatrician, I'm going to try to restrain myself here from getting too emotional in this thread.

I will just say that the effects of secondhand smoke on children are well-established, and awful.
                        Which is another reason why the little brats shouldn't be allowed in restaurants (though I'm not a smoker) .
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Re: Surgeon chap says secondhand smoke bad

Originally posted by Sava
                          And how about the internal combustion engine... you talk about a public health risk... what spews out more deadly gases, a cigarette or a car?
                          Like what? Complete burning of petrol gives you CO2, water, a small amount of SOX and NXO.

Compare that to the deadly mix of gases coming out from the burning end of a cigarette.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I rather sit in a room with smoker, than in a garage with an engine running.

Comment

Yeah, 'cuz banning smoking in public places is making people quit.
                              Yes, no, maybe. But probably "who cares?"

The truth is that they like the money smokers bring in, just not the rest, who are the hypocrites, you tell me.
                              Well, since banning wouldn't work (Prohibition iin the US serves as a fine example of why not), what else could you do other than tax the hell out of it?

Smokers are the victims here!!!!
                              Did someone point a gun to your head to make you start?
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

I rather sit in a room with smoker, than in a garage with an engine running.
                                Not if you want to commit suicide. The latter is faster, cheaper, and less painful.

Comment

Working...
                                X