Few things to say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few things to say

Yeah I have few things to say. I've been out for some time, but I've come to some conclusions.

Conclusion A, life is a one time thing and you need to make it count. How can you make it count? Well, if you're one of those people lucky enough to be born with food in your belly and roof on top of your head, well, you really shouldn't worry about anything. You'll survive. So, now that we have established the survival of your own self, you should enjoy. Have fun. I mean, have fun all the time. Why would you stress yourself out, when you could be having fun? You don't need all the money in the world to have fun.

All you need is to find what you like and then do it. Read a book, watch a movie, eat good, do sports, watch sports, go see a comedy show, laugh, walk, take a comfortable 10 minute crap, don't live in tomorrow - live in the now. Life is too short for anything else.

Outside pressure tells you, you need to be a productive member of the society. Well what society tells you that you should not enjoy yourself? It's a crap society, and crap society should not be important to you, if it doesn't offer anything in return, why should you contribute?

Take control. That's freedom, that truly IS freedom of yours. It's not who you can vote. Who cares? Most people would never vote for the people standing to be chosen, if they had other choices, real choices. But that's not how it works. It's a smoke blown up your butt to make you believe it's freedom and the same thing. They say, well, democracy is in the process. If the process is democratic, then it's a democracy and the failures or success of that is measured by other points.

But who cares if it is still failing? So we can think, well, at least we have this word? No one should care, only blind people would care. Only an individual can set themselves free, but there should be grounds and support for that. No political move or person can do that, only everyone in their own heads can do that.

Conclusion B, you need to open up your eyes. It's not some hippie crap when I say things like this. Refuting these points with such arguments is only taking this into a debate, when it really is few things to say, a manifesto of freedom. It's subjective but only to some extent. If a prisoner says he is free, is he free? To some extent yes, if he so believes. But freedom is about choices, the number of options, so you can choose what you want, and others can have that same situation as well.

If you limit the freedom of others with your choosings, as in you think this will be best for all and we still have democracy, that's not freedom. That's taking care of business and not letting everyone choose for themselves. Politics has nothing, yet all to do with it. Politics is making some decisions for us that should not be up to political debate. Values? Who the **** cares what political peopel think about values. Who defines values. Traditional values? How about my value versus your values is a setting for a conflict? How about my values are better than yours is really just fighting words? What about since I'm free, my values are what they are and yours is what they are and that's fine and the end of it? If you agree with the last one, then value debate does not belong into politics and decision making.

Conclusion C, we are all equal. It's the basic grounds for freedom. So I have as much rights to my opinions as everyone else does. Therefore, business should not play in the field of politics. It's basically a virtual entity with more votes than one. But they have interests and contribute to the society? Sure, so what? I contribute to the society as well, where's my 1050 votes? It's 1 vote per person. One equal vote.

Conclusion D, it all becomes impossible, it's all interconnected and interests are in conflict so the must powerful will always reign the top dog. That's why most issues should not even be issues. If there are things you think other people shoudl not have a say over you, then it should not be a political issue to be decided by old, rather elitist men. Obviously it includes values. So, less bureocracy, less machinery in that department is good. Individual freedom is a social good.

Conclusion E, telling other people what to do or think is against the principles of freedom. Even if it's 'you should do this to be free'. Freedom should not be an agenda, it should be self evident. If you do not realize what freedom is, and it's not that you can vote for someone you don't like or like some, or that you can get 'fair trial' (I mean if you can't get a fair trial, then it's not the opposite of freedom, it's just crap, because freedom is not a fair trial, fair trial is an obvious right anyway), then you live in a fictional freedom, which really is not freedom. It's false sense of freedom adn that's like getting raped by elephants and limiting the possibility for others to enjoy their freedom, which is pretty much the definition for *****.

The final conclusion? Mind your own business and have fun! Stand up comedians, musicians etc are ALL better for the society than politicians or party members shooting their 'truths' to everyone else on how to live or what is right and then battling it with each other, consuming all the money in the process. 'Well I think this is right', who cares? You said it, great, so why are you now battling political entities? To make a difference? lol. Like I said, stand up comedians are much better, because they make our lives better through comedy. Politicians ****s up, which is inherently their destiny, because they talk about stuff that shouldn't be an issue. And they hate freedom, everyone elses freedom that is.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Or, as a great finnish philosopher once said, "Elämä on laiffia".
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Well, people have forgotten and lost the ability to enjoy themselves. It's really amazing, because I think it became with the assumption that survival is taken cared of. If you travel and go to places where survival is not always so sure, people still have good times. Maybe what we need is a little bit of education on fun. I mean what's the point? To work with ****ty wages all day long, die and then what?

I'd rather see that once you are here, you should be having a good time. Simple. Do what you want. If someone tells you that is not OK, why would you believe them? As if you let them own you. You let their opinions override your opinions so easy. No questioning. And that's another thing, people don't ask any questions. Someone says to you, well you should do this. Why? It's good for you. Why is it good for me, that's what my parents told me, but the last time I checked we're not even related so explain why this is good for me adn most of all why is it good for the rest of us too? Or is this just good for you? Hmmm.. Right.

If it's good for us all and I feel like it's a good idea, let's go and do it. If not, I'm not with you.

I don't know when people became distracted from conscious decision making. It's as if we hired people to think for ourselves. What's the fun in that? Isn't it fun to make your own decisions, and live by them? If it seems to be going to the wrong direction, well then you make some new decisions. People aren't that stupid. Let them choose what they want for themselves. Anyone who says otherwise isn't worthy to be a representor of the people, because then they only represent themselves... or the party.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Do you ever listen?

JM
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Well, do you have something to say?
          In da butt.

Comment

Pekka... I think it's about time someone told you...

In English, when you wish to indicate an amount that is negligible or inconsequential, you say, "Few politicians could defeat the SC in physical combat."

But when you wish to indicate an amount that is more than a couple, and has no negative connotations whatsoever, you would say, "But there are a few, like Arnie and Ventura, who could clearly kick his ass."

Your title should read "A few things to say" because "Few things to say" would mean that you don't really have much to say at all, which is obviously far from the truth.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I missed why you do have to make your life count?
              When two persons die, one did make his life count, the other one didn't make his life count. What's exactly the difference to them?
              Formerly known as "CyberShy"
              Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

CyberShy, I meant that you could make your life count to yourself. Not to society necessarily or anyoen else. Just make it count for yourself. Get outside and enjoy.

Lorizael, this could be debated, but it would be a debate I'm not interested getting into. I don't think I have a lot to say. I would be contradicting myself in some level if I claimed that. My message is we should all start enjoying more, making our own decisions, start thinking what we think about issues, forget some issues that are not THAT important. If I started to force this opinion on everyone, it would be counter productive. And thus, Few Things To Say.

In da butt.

Comment

Lorizael, oh forgot to point out one of the main things.. most of these things I said have been said. Most of them have been said by people who became leaders of some kind because of this very same message. I did not invent these things. Most of us have read their messages and agree with it.

But if you agree with it and then go back to old ways of living in misery, paying people to think for you, then we have to ask what did we eventually learn? Nothing? It should show in our actions. Or in our inactions.

If there are great speakers and minds in there, we get all hyped up but forget about it the next day. It's OK, there's lots of things and we are bombarded by messages and stuff. However, things like we are all equal is important. It's not important to hear and agree with it, it's important to realize it and know why it is important, think about it more than 'well it sounds good'.
                  In da butt.

Comment

Uh. I'm merely pointing out, in a mildly humorous manner, that this is a grammar mistake you make fairly often. You frequently say "few" when you should say "a few". I thought I'd correct you because it's not reasonable to expect that a silly Finlander would know the difference.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I make tons of other grammar mistakes as well. I don't bother with it unless it's official stuff I need to write. Why? It's FASTER THIS WAY! MEHAHEAUMAUUAMAUAEH!!!!

If it bothers you, I just need to spank you a little bit. I know it'll make you happy. Them buns, all colored up..
                      In da butt.

Comment

he's not commenting on your grammar

he's making fun of how you are long winded yet say you only have a few things to say
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

That's OK. I like..
                          In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                            he's not commenting on your grammar

he's making fun of how you are long winded yet say you only have a few things to say
                            Yes indeed.

But I was also commenting on his grammar. It is a mistake he makes, and though he makes others as well, and this one is not terribly important, it can cause a bit of initial confusion, because "few" and "a few" can mean quite different things at times.

Comment

Conclusion C, we are all equal.
                              I disagree. We're not all equal. There are people in this world who are special who can do wonderful things. Though, I think each of us is suited for something different and there are different degrees of what we can accomplish; it's a question of how hard we want to work to achieve our goals.

But we're not equal.

However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be treated equally... with respect and dignity... and given the same opportunities to achieve our goals. Everyone has a right to their opinions, but not everyone's opinion is worth listening to.

But by no means are we all equal. We are all unique.
                              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                              X