No announcement yet.

Unesco And Darwin: Unholy Marriage !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unesco And Darwin: Unholy Marriage !!!!

Charles Darwin's home and the grounds where he carried out research and experiments in connection with 'On The Origin Of Species' are being nominated for inclusion on Unesco's World Heritage List.

Charles Darwin's home, Down House, and the surrounding area is being proposed as a World Heritage Site.

UNESCO's World Heritage Committee will assess the nomination, along with other international ones, and the final decisions will be made in the summer 2007.

If the nomination bid is successful, Down House will gain the recognition given to Stonehenge and the City of Bath, as well international sites such as the Great Barrier Reef and the Great Wall of China.

Darwin at Downe

In 1842 Darwin and his family moved to Down House in Downe, Bromley. Here he carried out daily observations and experiments in the grounds and surrounding countryside.

During his studies, Darwin realised that evolution by natural selection was key to understanding the living worId and it was here, at Down House, that Darwin wrote The Origin of Species.

Theory of evolution

Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection is recognised as one of the most powerful and fundamentally important ideas in present day science and the unique legacy of Down House makes the area very special and significant in a global context.

'Charles Darwin is one of the world's most important scientists,' said the Natural History Museum's Keeper of Botany Dr Johannes Vogel. 'Many of his theories and ideas were supported by his meticulous observations and experiments on local wildlife at Downe.

'Darwin's power of thought and analysis is an inspiration to us all and we are proud to support this World Heritage Site bid to honour his legacy'.

'Darwin at Downe' project

The 'Darwin at Downe' project is run by the London Borough of Bromley in partnership with English Heritage, the Natural History Museum, English Nature, Charles Darwin Trust, Greater London Authority, London and Kent Wildlife Trusts, London Development Agency, ICOMOS and DCMS

The rest of the United Kingdom's tentative list:

Clearly the forces of Antichrist are massing with their black U.N. helicopters....
    Attached Files
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

What an outrage
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
      What an outrage

As Nietzsche might say- "God must be turning in his grave..."

Attached Files
      Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom
        As Nietzsche might say- "God must be turning in his grave..."
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Evilution is on the march
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

That's sorta the point of evolution, isn't it?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
            X