"Plane takes off from sea"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Plane takes off from sea"

Been watching vids...got the site from another thread. Anyway, this is a vid of a jet coming straight out of the water like a missile. Can it be real?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

We shall call it...a SEAPLANE!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Would it use hydrogen as fuel?
      DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Its one of those supercavitating sea planes.
        "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
        "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
        2004 Presidential Candidate
        2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I would call it photoshop, but since it's motion picture, I don't know what program one would use.

Bad photoshop, at that.
          I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

A jet engine sucks air in the front and blows it out the back. Trying to fly a jet airplane without air prob'ly wouldn't work.

Yes, you could suck water in the front a blow it out the back. That's the infomous "caterpillar drive" of the Red October. But you couldn't hit jet speeds.

I guess if you really wanted to, you could rig a jet aircraft to launch from a submarine. You'd need to use a separate launch engine, the way the first Polaris missiles did. You'd also have to have the wings retracted, to create a round fuseluge to fit into the firing tube. When the plane broke the surface, the wings would extend, the air intake would open, and the jet engine would fire. I'd work...I guess.

But then, after the mission was over, where would you land??

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
              But then, after the mission was over, where would you land??
              No problem if it's a harrier - just touch down in the water and let the plane sink down to the submarine carrier
              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

But don't miss. Because it's a loooooong way to the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                  But don't miss. Because it's a loooooong way to the bottom.
                  Nah, if you can get a VW to sail, why not a harrier
                  Attached Files
                  With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                  X