Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone who still doesn't believe Saudi Arabia's government is evil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sava

But in a more economically viable way than from oil?

Also, you have to look at the existing infrastructure. We can't just stop using oil and switch to corn, as much as it would make everyone feel better about the environment. It's just not practicle.
    But it could be more profitible in the long run.

If we made a national switch towards Ethanol engines and plastics from corn we'd need A LOT of corn. American farmers would have to start mass growing corn on every spare bit of land they can find thus diverting the money we were sending to the middle east (for oil) and keeping it in our economy.

Sorry, I'm a Republican. I only get warm and fuzzy about things when there's money involved.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
      Inferior plastic can be made from corn.
      fixed

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

stoned
        Originally posted by VJ

stoned
        fixed

Comment

Ideally, if I have to throw money at someone to provide me with the energy I need, I'd rather it be an American farmer than someone in an unstable, undemocratic part of the Middle East.

What we need are breakthroughs in developing cellulosic ethanol and a hydrogen economy, neither of which are currently feasible. Another 10 to 15 years, though, and it might be a different story.

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

What's the difference between Saudi curriculum and what you get in Catholic school?
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

The dress code for girls is WAY more awesome at Catholic school.
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Nice try, but I think all the regulars here already know you too well to catch this

Originally posted by techumseh
                What's the difference between Saudi curriculum and what you get in Catholic school?
                4.4/10

Comment

QFT.

Comment

Re: Nice try, but I think all the regulars here already know you too well to catch this

Originally posted by VJ

4.4/10
                    i think that's being far too kind.

we should a firmer line against such low quality trolling
                    "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Honestly, I still don't understand why we don't turn the whole of West and Central Asia into the world's largets glass park, along with Texas.
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

As can ethanol which suprising enough can be used to power vehicles.
                        It's easier and cheaper to make it from processed sugar cane though.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

QFT
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Dude, that's just so unfair...

Catholic schools, after all, don't require burkhas.
                              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

It's easier and cheaper to make it from processed sugar cane though.
                                What would be more damaging to the environment, thousands of square miles of additional crops with the pesticides and deforestation that comes with them, or the current gas emissions?
                                In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

Working...
                                X