Text Messaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Messaging

Uh. Question here. If I have a Sprint phone, and the person I want to send a text message to has a Verizon phone, and I accidentally left my phone at home when I came in to work today, is there any way that I can send this person a text message using this wonderful internet thingy? Thanks. Bye.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

yes

Comment

Oh! Thanks. That's... uh... good to know.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Glad we could help

Comment

Apolyton is a wonderful place! I love you all. Bastards.

Comment

would anyone care to embellish on how
            now I'm curious
            Monkey!!!

Comment

go... to.. your.. service providers website.
              be free

Comment

oh and if not there, you should be able to use an instant messenger, i know icq works, not sure if msn has that support.
                be free

Comment

First thing I did. Sprint only seems to want to be able to send text messages to other Sprint (and Nextel) phones.

Comment

Any instant messengers I wouldn't have to install? I'm on a work computer.

Comment

Try http://www.sms.ac/HomePage/Default.aspx or any of the others courtesy of Google

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                        Any instant messengers I wouldn't have to install? I'm on a work computer.
                        ICQ has ICQ2Go which is a web based ICQ-Client.
                        You only have to have Flash installed (or at least Java for the older version)

Dunno if you can send SMS via the web client though.
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I really don't understand the purpose of text messaging on a phone.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

There are a couple of purposes. One is privacy, another is the ability to multitask, and another is having a less conspicuous form of communication, for when talking on a phone is inappropriate. Also, texting can be used to send short snippets of information, rather than having a full conversation.

In this particular instance, however, it's because - without a phone - texting someone is easier than calling someone.

Comment

I should have clarified and said phone to phone.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X