The Dark Side PBS's frontline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Side PBS's frontline

Amid revelations about faulty prewar intelligence and a scandal surrounding the indictment of the vice president's chief of staff and presidential adviser, I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby, FRONTLINE goes behind the headlines to investigate the internal war that was waged between the intelligence community and Richard Bruce Cheney......

Investigating Vice President Cheney's role as chief architect in the war on terror and his internal war with George Tenet's CIA...

I just watched it.

What can I say.

It pretty much absolves Bush.

Put most blame on Cheney and Rumsfeld
    In another way, it put a whole lot of blame on George Tenet, for failing to do his job properly, and caving to pressure by Cheny and Rumsfeld.

Condoleeza Rice, same thing as Tenet, except, my interperetation, was she is just weak, like she really never had any kind of legs to stand on and just went with the winner.

It pretty much absolved Colin Powell.

very interesting.

It seems to say, Bush didn't recognize the struggle between the CIA and the new intelligence department at teh pentagon set up by Cheney, and Tenet, right in Afghanistan, was way behind on Iraq, as in had no intelligence whatsoever regarding Saddams WMD's.

When he recognized, that Cheney and Rumsfeld would become the new American heros, instead of tryign to give accurate information, and do his job, he decided to save his job, and tell Cheney what Cheney wanted to hear.

Seems to turn the opinion of Halliburton/war for oil thing into a "I don't trust the CIA, so I am taking charge" war.
    Pentagenesis for Civ III
    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
    Pentagenesis Gallery

So the puppetmasters really did pull the strings well then?
    "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
    -Joan Robinson

Comment

Working...
    X