X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ IV Mentioned in US House

Saw this on the Daily Show last night.
    Player Haters
    US House reps taking the time to bash video games. But wait! Some do play certain video games.

Joe Barton, R Texas, confesses he is also a video game player. "I have worked my way up to Civilization IV. I haven't yet been able to beat it, but I at least understand the fundamentals of it."

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Republicans can't even play Civ well! Ha! Republicans suck. FACT!

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Hey! I do not suck! I haven't even played Civ4 yet so how could I suck?!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

You're a Republican, Japher? Damn.

Civ4 is good, man.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I'm the authority on sucking and I can safely say that you suck, Japher.
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Games like Civ 4 require resource management and strategic thinking, so Republicans would have problems with them.
            Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

I'm the authority on sucking and I can safely say that you suck, Japher.
              Then it's official!
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader
                Games like Civ 4 require resource management and strategic thinking, so Republicans would have problems with them.
                Yes, but it's a "Four X" game. The last two are eXploitation and eXtermination. So Republicans should be good at it!

-Arrian

Comment

Re: Civ IV Mentioned in US House

Originally posted by Lord Avalon
                  Joe Barton, R Texas, confesses he is also a video game player. "I have worked my way up to Civilization IV. I haven't yet been able to beat it, but I at least understand the fundamentals of it."

Perhaps they should make it mandatory that only those who play Civ IV and are able to beat it can become congressmen

Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I have never been able to play Motherload videos for some reason.

ACK!
                    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

Republicans can't even play Civ well! Ha! Republicans suck. FACT!

-Arrian
                      Ehem...

Civ III
                      Donegeal - 1
                      Arrian - 0

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Wiglaf, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

Ehem...

Civ III
                          Donegeal - 1
                          Arrian - 0

I didn't know Arrian was a republican..........

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

Ehem...

Civ III
                            Donegeal - 1
                            Arrian - 0

Donegeal's team 1, Arrian's team 0. As I recall, Donny, your team included one Master Zen. Surely he cancels out your Republicaness and then some!

Touche, nonetheless.

-Arrian

Comment

Seeing how most people at this place are complete geeks without any understanding of matters social, the beating of a strategy game might be an ability totally unrelated to the prerequisites for being productive as a politician, or for being successful in any part of the so called real life. Talk about arrogance of the inferior.

Comment

Working...
                              X