Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

According to Nostradamus Spain wins the world cup, according to the Torah, Argentina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Nostradamus Spain wins the world cup, according to the Torah, Argentina

"According to a report on the '20minutos' website, French medic and prophet Michel de Notredame (1503-1566), better known as Nostradamus, predicted that Spain will win the Germany 2006 World Cup finals.

The prophecy predicts that: "At the end of the sixth month of 2006, the King of Spain will cross the Pyrenees with his army. The legions of Beelzebub await the battle on the central European planes. Destruction and defeat will fall on the evil-doers. The Holy Grail will be returned to Spain by the triumphant King."

----------

"At the outset of the World Cup, Brazil was hot favorites for the title. But since its unconvincing performance in its two opening games, many fans are looking elsewhere for their dream team.

The hosts, Germany, are certainly fancied by many, even beyond the German borders, to take the title. However the two teams that have displayed the dazzle of champions are Spain and Argentina.

Personally, though, I would look no further than the Book of Numbers for guidance.

The World Cup final is scheduled to be played on Sunday, July 9. The Torah portion for that week is named "Balak" - the same name, albeit a different spelling, as that of the German captain, Michael Ballack.

"Balak" is one of the very few Torah portions named after somebody. Is it not coincidental that the captain of the host team has the same name as the main character of the World Cup Final week's Torah portion?

Balak was king of the Moabites during the time that the Israelites wandered the Sinai Desert. In the Book of Numbers, Chapter 22, we read how Balak approaches the Prophet Balaam and asks him to curse the Israelites. Balaam agrees, but is thwarted by God in Chapters 23 and 24. Each time he tries to curse the Israelites, he ends up blessing them.

How does all this point to Argentina taking the title? Doesn't the "Balak" coincidence suggest a German triumph?

Not if we take note of Numbers 24:10: "And Balak's anger was kindled against Balaam, and he smote his hands together; and Balak said unto Balaam, 'I called thee to curse mine enemies, and, behold, thou hast altogether blessed them these three times.'"

From this we must surely understand that Ballack and his German squad will succumb to "Israelite" opponents who will be blessed three times - doubtless, a three-goal cup final victory. And who might these victorious opponents be?

Although Israel did not qualify for the World Cup, the Israelites are represented: One team has both a Jewish coach (Jose Pekerman) and a Jewish captain (Juan Pablo Sorin) - Argentina, the Israelites of the Mondial. (The team has won its first two games, and plays its final group game, against the Netherlands, on Wednesday.)

Furthermore, the Hebrew term for the soccer position of "defender" or "back" is balam - essentially the same name as that of the prophet who ultimately defends and blesses the Israelites. Argentina's Jewish captain just happens to be a defender. Balaam blesses the Israelites three times before Balak desists; Sorin just happens to wear the number three on his jersey.

Still not convinced? Then observe that Argentina's shirts, not to mention its national flag, are blue and white. All that's missing is the Star of David.

Put all that together, and there can be no other outcome: Argentina to win the World Cup, with a blessed three goals, defeating Germany somewhere along the way. "

Breaking news about Satellite from The Jerusalem Post. Read the latest updates on Satellite including articles, videos, opinions and more.
    I need a foot massage

Yeah, but then again there was at least one player from Ghana who, after the win vs. the Czechs, ran around waving an Israeli flag.

Ghana will win the cup. FACT!

-Arrian
    grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

yeah that was some funny ****, everytime they scored dude pulled the flag outta his sock.
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Yes, but he was not a jew.

It is clear in the torah, that israelite argies must crush the evil germans.
        I need a foot massage

Comment

Did you write that "Nostradamus quote" yourself? Its not a real quote. Nostradamus never used dates.
          "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
          ^ The Poly equivalent of:
          "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

no, here is the link

I need a foot massage

Comment

The problem is that Argentina would have had to have lost to the Netherlands in order to face Germany in the final. Now they will meet before then.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Bla bla bla... according to me Germany will do it, case closed.

Comment

Maybe we could ask the Pope to ref the final. I have a feeling most afficionados would welcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Galis
                    The problem is that Argentina would have had to have lost to the Netherlands in order to face Germany in the final. Now they will meet before then.
                    ya--like the SECOND round if Germany beats Sweden and Argentina beats Mexico (and both will be favored)
                    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                    X