X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipoop

The iPod that let's you roll with it
    By IAN DRURY, Daily Mail 22:29pm 14th June 2006

It gives a completely new meaning to the phrase 'rock 'n' roll'. For boffins have invented a cutting-edge gadget combining a portable music player and a toilet paper dispenser.

The state-of-the-art device - called an iCarta - makes it easier for people to listen to beats while using the bathroom.

It is designed, according to the US manufacturers, to "enhance your experience in the smallest room".

The gadget, which costs around $99, or £54, merges an iPod docking station with a loo roll dispenser.

After music lovers have downloaded songs from the internet on their iPod, they can place it in a socket in the top of the dispenser.

Then while sitting on the toilet, using the shower or luxuriating in a bubble bath, they can listen to their favourite tunes.

The device delivers high-quality sounds from moisture-resistant speakers, according to the manufacturer Atech Flash Technology.

It also re-charges the iPod while playing songs - either pre-programmed or a random selection.

The iCarta, which is 8 inches wide, 7 inches deep and three inches high and designed to be mounted on the bathroom wall, is powered by rechargeable batteries.

It is the latest hi-tech contraption that features an MP3 player.

Manufacturers have already produced a robotic dogs that 'dances' when someone connects it to a music player and DJs are beginning to forsake vinyl records and CDs for mixing desks which use iPods.

And in April, the Mail told how the latest model of the classic Swiss Army Knife featured a detachable MP3 player.

It meant owners of the state-of-the-art knife could store and play up to 250 songs downloaded from the Internet.

One website which reviews the latest technology described the iCarta as "one of the stranger iPod accessories we've ever seen".

But it is certainly ideal for anyone wanting to listen to rock band Oasis' number one single 'Roll With It'.

It gives a completely new meaning to the phrase 'rock 'n' roll'. For boffins have invented a cutting-edge gadget combining a portable music player and a toilet paper dispenser

Apple finds its true niche?

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

At least they installed the TP roll in the right position.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      And the Ipod is almost right, just a little bit more to the left.
      He's got the Midas touch.
      But he touched it too much!
      Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

So you're supposed to change the song with your fresh buttwiping hand? Real hygienic APPLE!!!
        It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

I mean, some freedom-haters just love to put in the roll the other way round. Osama says hi.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Dammit! Back to the drawing board.
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I can never take a news report seriously when I see the word "boffin".

Except, of course, in situations like this.
                "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

...Genious...
                  I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I wonder if they also sell an iPod retreiver, for those inevitable "bumps"...
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

OMFG!

Comment

Working...
                      X