It's Silly, I Know, but ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Silly, I Know, but ...

... I just got off the phone talking to an Apple rep based in Ireland. Heh. It's 8:30 a.m. Tuesday on the Emerald Isle and here, in the Upper Midwest of the U.S., it's 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.

I so love the 24/7 international world of commerce. *sigh* Now I just have to wait until the U.S.-based Apple reps come online at 7:30 a.m. CDT to conduct business!

Gatekeeper

P.S. And, yes, the customer service rep had a classic Irish brogue.
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

and...?
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

That's it? I got all excited...for time zones? BAH!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

He knows its silly already, he just wanted to share.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Precisely, Lancer.

I called Apple later in the day and got some slacker in Seattle. He sounded real interested in taking my order. Not. That dumbsh*t might drive business away from Apple with that 'tude of his.

Gatekeeper
          "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Few weeks ago I talked to 'help desk' in my company, called the local number, and it was rerouted to Dublin. And yes, she was a Finn in Dublin too so we talked in native language. Now that's crazy. And it was in the middle of the night.

And yes, we have the same service in here as well, but somehow I was talking to Dublin. Nuts!
            In da butt.
            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

First time I read Dublin as Dubai, dunno why.
              Was really impressed.
              My interested has waned after rereading.

Comment

Why were you talking to an Apple rep in Ireland?
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Why were you talking to an Apple rep in Ireland?
                  Is this a trick question?
                  There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Um... no.. why?
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Isn't the bigger question something more akin to, "Why the hell does this merit a post?"
                      B♭3

Comment

The BIGGEST question, WHY a p.o.s. Apple ?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                        X