Will you spend your kids inheritance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    Che, consider adopting a Philippine kid. You and yours could come over and stay with us, meet the parents, etc. We're likely not going for another 1 1/2 years, possibly 2 1/2 years however.
    I couldn't imagine meeting the parents of the kid I plan to adopt. I'd just feel wrong and aweful about it.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Rufus, actually that's alot of very useful advise. I'll be showing Dolores your post to help her to understand the different cultural viewpoints on adoption and why it's best to adopt an orphan. Thank you!

Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

DaShi, I understand, but it seems that an orphan is the best way to go anyway.
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
          Rufus, actually that's alot of very useful advise. I'll be showing Dolores your post to help her to understand the different cultural viewpoints on adoption and why it's best to adopt an orphan. Thank you!

Happy to help. Good luck!
          "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rufus T. Firefly

Bad advice, I'm afraid. If you're going to adopt a Philippine kid, adopt one without parents. Unless the kid is an orphan, the red tape on both the Philippine and US ends is prohibative.

Nothing wrong with adopting a Philippine orphan, though. I was the Adoptions officer at our embassy here for much of 2005, and it was the most fulfilling aspect of my time here.

Also, my sister and I are adopted.

And I recently adopted my stepdaughter.

Adoption
            I agree, three of my siblings are adopted.

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
            X