No announcement yet.

Where seniors at my high school are going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too and I went to school in Tennessee!
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Kuci will probably find college rather easy. I went to another high end public magnet school, and I found college easier than HS. I was amzed how people who got into a top 20 private University in the US were totally ignorant of basic science for example, going into college. I had to take science courses in UChicago, and out of lazyness I took the basicv courses, and it was all stuff I had done years before in my HS, yet my calss mates did not already know the material.

To me that is prime evidence that secondary education in the uS could be a lot tougher.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

To me, prime evidence of the system's weakness is that people like GePap can get into U Chicago.
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I was amzed how people who got into a top 20 private University in the US were totally ignorant of basic science for example

Wait, aren't you one of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
            To me, prime evidence of the system's weakness is that people like GePap can get into U Chicago.
            Is that what passes for wit these days?

Sad

Comment

Quoted for hilarity, but I hope to God I can find at least one American can understand why.

A hope that almost always leaves one disappointed...
              Last edited by Drake Tungsten; June 19, 2006, 22:21.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Wait, aren't you one of them?
                Not being an utter science Geek like yourself, I have a very good layman's knowledge of science.

Its cute to see the clones are on the same wavelength.

Comment

BS. I have a layman's knowledge of science.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    BS. I have a layman's knowledge of science.
                    No, you have a science Geek's knowledge of science. NOw get over the fact you are a massive nerd and face reality.
                    (This thread being proof positive you are a massive Nerd)

Comment

• Nerd = layman.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        Nerd = layman.
                        Sorry, but no.

A layman is the kind of person that reads the Science Section of the NY Times every Tuesday, or National Geographic, but isn't taking advanced classes in any actual science. That is a layman.

You sir are a science geek. I thought you were proud of your geekdom. (hence this thread)

Comment

• lay·man
                          n.

1. A man who is not a cleric.
                          2. A man who is a nonprofessional: His is just the layman's view of medicine.

Geeks in general clearly fall into the 2nd category.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                            lay·man
                            n.

1. A man who is not a cleric.
                            2. A man who is a nonprofessional: His is just the layman's view of medicine.

Geeks in general clearly fall into the 2nd category.
                            Last time I checked, you plan to be a science professional and have taken classes to prepare for that path. Or have you changed your plans?

Comment

• plan, i.e. I'm not yet.

Comment

• Shall we just get out the rulers, drop our pants and be done with it?
                                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                                X