Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird Laptop problem I can't seem to fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Laptop problem I can't seem to fix.

Okay, so about 3 weeks ago, my touchpad stopped working on my dell 700m. i was traveling, so when I got back, I ordered another one off of ebay. Today I replaced the touch pad and the exact same thing is going on. Nothing. I reinstalled the driver, and it isn't even showing up in the device manager...Any ideas?
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Buy a mouse?
    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

bump
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I have no experience with fixing laptops so - grain of salt- .

The first thing that comes to mind is a bad connection to the motherboard but I would have thought that was unlikely

Bad motherboard from a power surge

Would a touchpad come up on the BIOS? If it does, is it still there?
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by joncha
          Buy a mouse?

Comment

fn+f7
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

How good is speech recognition at present?
              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

I would never notice if my touchpad went out. I'm shocked that they are actually used, what with all the mouse options these days-travel sized wireless laser/optical.

Comment

Why don't you call Dell tech support?
                  Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I would never notice if my touchpad went out. I'm shocked that they are actually used, what with all the mouse options these days-travel sized wireless laser/optical.
                    You can't use a mouse in the bus or in a plane
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
                      You can't use a mouse in the bus or in a plane
                      Keyboard shortcuts
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                      X