X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2,000 illegal immigrants arrested in sweep

12:09 PM CDT on Wednesday, June 14, 2006
    Associated Press

HOUSTON - U.S. immigration officers have arrested more than 2,000 illegal immigrants in a nationwide sweep, officials announced Wednesday.

In a blitz that began May 26, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement arrested 2,179 illegal immigrant gang members, pedophiles, violent felons and others who have sneaked back in the country after being deported.

About half the immigrants arrested in "Operation Return to Sender" ( ) have criminal records, said Julie Myers, assistant secretary for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

More than 360 were members or associates of violent gangs, including the notorious Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, she said.

Myers said most of those arrested had been placed in deportation proceedings, and 829 had already been sent home, while 121 arrested on criminal charges would be sent through the federal court system.

"America's welcome does not extend to immigrants who come here to commit crimes," Myers said. "ICE will leave no stone unturned in hunting down and deporting aliens who victimize our communities."
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

A nationwide sweep only turned up 2,000 illiegal immigrants?

That's pathetic.

(Not that I'm for kicking them all out)

Comment

So long illegal immigrants.

Hello illegal immigrants.
      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

they may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!!!
        QFT
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Why don't you just deport all criminals to Australia?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

People going both ways through the revolving door is an improvement on them going only one way, but not much of one.

I say build the 40 foot high electified wall with remote sensor laser auto cannons strategicly placed...and triple legal immigration quotas. Hell, 10X the legal quotas, we need the law abiding citizens!

That will help to keep out the "gang members, pedophiles, violent felons ".

pedophiles coming into our country on the back of liberal feel good loonies worried about thier civil rights!!!
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I agree, crack down on our borders while making unlimited legal immigration (no Nazis or Pedophiles)

JM
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

IIRC, you still have to certify you are not a communist to get immigration to the US.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  Why don't you just deport all criminals to Australia?

And routinely use it for nuclear testing... without warning them.

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Ok, you're talking about Alexander's Horse, Finbar, Rasputin.... . Go ahead.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I'm sure there's something worth saving about Australia...

I need time to think.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        IIRC, you still have to certify you are not a communist to get immigration to the US.
                        Not really. You just have to explain to them why you were a member of the communist party. They really don't care that much about that anymore. And well, if you were a commie, but not a party member, that question you can honestly answer no.
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                          I'm sure there's something worth saving about Australia...

I need time to think.
                          Hydey?

JM
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Only 11,998,000 more to go.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

These guys were gang member for the most part. MS 13.

We have a bunch of want to be at our school. They think they are so tough because they hang together.

Comment

Working...
                              X