Garfield is funny again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garfield is funny again!

Garfield, the garbage of the comics page, is transformed into a surrealist tragedy merely by removing his thought bubbles.
    Attached Files
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Again? How is that possible, has someone travelled back in time and corrupted Jim Davis' timeline?
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Was Garfield ever funny? I thought the only joke was was that some people thought he was.

Comment

Garfield exists on a higher plane of comedy that, unfortunely, only Jim Davis has attained. Future generations will call him the next Shakespeare - FACT!
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

It's better without him talkin, like a depiction of an insanely lonely and troubled man caught in the rat wheel of life. His only output is talking to his cat. Deep stuff!
          It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
            Garfield exists on a higher plane of comedy that, unfortunely, only Jim Davis has attained. Future generations will call him the next Shakespeare - FACT!

Yes, but they'll be calling him that after Edgar Frohnuss Shakespeare, the world's least amusing person.
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Like this one, clearly the man is sinking into a state of paranoia and illusion. The clothes and imaginative cat laughter are real clues. Next episode, the men dressed in white come to get him. Fun!

It's candy. Surely there are more important things the NAACP could be boycotting. If the candy were shaped like a burning cross or a black man made of regular chocolate being dragged behind a truck made of white chocolate I could understand the outrage and would share it. - Drosedars

Comment

:mrgarfield:

Comment

Garfield could kick your asses. so STFU n00b!

Comment

Jim Davis should have pulled a "Calvin and Hobbes" — IOW, he should have retired years ago, when his strip was still somewhat consistently entertaining.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

bah! what do you guys know. I used to love garfield in the sunday paper (and everyday paper for that matter).

but I no longer have access to newspapers, so oh well.

Comment

I loved the early Garfields when I was a kid. But I agree, they haven't been funny in a really long time. Yet, for some reason, I still like knowing that its in the paper. It's something familiar and warming that would be missed if removed. Much like I'm glad Peanuts is still run after Charles Shultz's death.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                        X