Crystals, what are they good for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystals, what are they good for??

Y'know, there's things like petroleum. It's made into everything from gasoline to plastics to medicine to Vaseline.

But I can't think of a lot of things we use crystals for.

There's sodium cloride crystals -- salt -- that's a biggie. And ice crystals, and carbon crystals -- diamonds --

But what else??

Lancer was recently threatened with having flavor crystals put on his pizza. And there's crystalized instant coffee.

Watch crystals, I'm pretty sure are just clear plastic.

"Crystal" refers to high fallutin' glassware..but is it really in crytaline form??

No one makes crystal radio receivers anymore.

Dilitium crystals haven't been discovered yet.

Help me out here.....

Crystals enhance your magic powers.
    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Attached Files
      "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
      "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I heard that Crystals are awesome in bed. The trick is getting them in there.

Comment

crystal meth...

Comment

...I was going to say crystal meth but both Whaleboy and Dis beat me to it. Oh well, glad to see I'm not the only one who immediately thought of it when reading the thread title.

Comment

Silicon crystal - our computers wouldn't exist without them.

Sugar also crystalises.

Crystals are pretty. I used to make them when I was a kid. The big one is copper sulphate, but there are others.

Other than diamonds - which aren't really precious stones - all these other gems are crystals as well. Ruby, sapphire, emerald, topaz, garnet, etc., etc.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Did Z just have a nasty breakup with a chick named Crystal or summat? Kinda random topic...
                1011 1100
                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Crystals are also used a lot in Lasers
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                  Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Rocks are made of crystals. Nuff said.
                    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

since Elok mentioned it. Don't date women named crystal. Just a little bit of wisdome I learned from my friends (I never actually dated anyone named crystal). Who says you can't stereotype based on names? It works in a lot of cases.

Comment

Ages ago I opened a bookstore in my home here in Oregon. A really hot chick wafted in, spinning around with arms extended...

She saw me behind my counter and grinned and wafted over.

"You should sell crystals here, the energy is really good"

Then waited expectantly.

I asked what crystals are for and it turn out that there's a vortex here in Oregon and people take crystals and bury them in the forest somewhere, leave them for a while then dig them up and absorb the energy from them.

I explained that this was a book store...
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Pity, probably you could have gotten lots of money from New Age people
                          just for letting them bury crystals in the basement of your store to fill them up with energy
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                          Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Though the energy was good there's apparently somewhere specific you have to bury the things. In the vortex...
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Most stuff that's not plastic or other organic stuff is crystal.

Comment

Working...
                              X